Mingo Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Akron, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 410 feet Route Type: Loop

The wooded Mingo Trail harbors a variety of wildlife and oak, beech and tulip trees. West of Shady Hollow Pavilion, the trail becomes quite rugged. A part of this trail is closed - the increased rain fall has been eroding away the river banks. Continue on this trail and you will be on unsafe, unstable ground. Sink holes, freshly fallen trees, and loose dirt are abundant. Unless you are very comfortable navigating off trail and rerouting, do not go past the "trail closed" signs.

This map is wildly in accurate. It requires you to do some bushwhacking which I don’t think this app should promote.

We combined a couple trails for about 5 miles. Beautiful

bridge out

The trail ends at the road. Don’t follow the trail. You will end up crossing the river without bridge and go off trail. Saw a few baby deers. Overall decent hike.

Some good incline at the beginning but not much to see at all except some "spectacular" views of the road. Pretty boring overall. Luckily, there was finally a spot a couple miles in where I could get off the trail following a stream. Walking a bit in and over some downed trees I found a spot to sit and give the dog some water and have myself a cold beverage. Now I have never been hurt hiking a trail but today was the exception. While walking back to the trail and climbing over the trees I did not notice a slippery spot covered in moss. I then proceeded to SEND IT and pefrorm half a front flip directly onto my back. Sore leg and hip with bruises I'll evaluate later. Will not be returning to this trail.

Nice trail. Would be better if everything was green so you didn’t feel like you were in the middle of houses. Not difficult but expect some up hill hiking.

Trail is in great condition with no mud. Temporary road closure so you'll have to enter from the North Portage entrance.

Awesome trail

icy

Views were lovely. Great moderate hike, but extremely muddy. Hiking sticks would be a great addition.

Many elevation changes / challenges. May be difficult for pets (many areas restricted to NO PETS at all). Nice suspension bridge and various small waterways to cross over.

bridge out

Nothing exciting. The trial “ends” at a road, so it is really an in and out, per se. There is a sign or two indicating this. Crossing the road the loop continues, but it is over grown and not maintained.

Today was an absolutely fabulous day in nature. The park was a live with all kinds of birds sounds and deer sightings because it seemed like everybody in the forest thought it was spring. The sunset tonight was beyond anything imaginable is the light shone through the behind the trees. There were so many fun parts of my journey today especially seeing the salt off overturned red oak trees on the bottom of Mingo as well as the views from the peak standing on top of the bench there. And thank you to Janine the lovely girl at the nature realm who is a naturist and answered all of my annoying questions today. Thank you Janine @skateparc (full story)

Today’s journey on the Mingo trail was pretty fantastic. There were a few muddy spots but overall soft but dry. There were some beautiful over falling trees along the path that we are interested in contacting a naturalist about to figure out how long those trees have been alive before they fell over and were cut into logs. Is there’s a naturalist out there that would like to help us please let me know. The weather was absolutely perfect with the visibility of at least a mile and a half. Not many people on the trail today except a couple people with dogs that were very lovely. And now we are going to go back into the visitor center and swap pictures of our awesome day. Come out and enjoy! @skateparc

Beautiful fall hike. Shaded, well marked, and well traveled trail. Lots of elevation change!

Trail does not follow the map shown on All Trails but it is well marked.

Challenging and well marked!!

Great trail and shade! I will keep this trail on my list of best afternoon hikes.

This trail is pretty challenging and has some pretty narrow single track. It is very steep in some parts, which is a nice challenge. It is well marked and you easily pick up other trails for a longer run

Trail map is incorrect. It features a very difficult 1.1 mile out and back. Lots of hills, rugged terrain, with portions of flatness. Very difficult for beginners.

trail wasn't the same as on my app. I had difficulty finding and staying on trail. it seems to have disappeared. I ended up on Dogwood trail somehow. which was great and had some good hills. I would have recenters myself to find Mingo but I was short on time. will try again.

One of my all time favorite trails in the area. It can be a little challenging (elevation) for some younger and some older hikers but it's beautiful plus there aren't many trails around here that are at least moderately difficult. (Too bad a large section has been closed for years because it had so many sections that washed out.)

Very flat, but nice

So far my favorite trail at sand run. There are benches to enjoy beautiful views, lots of little critters along the way, periodic running water, and good elevation. I feel rejuvenated after this hike.

Thu May 30 2019

Great little trail among other long ones if you wish. Hills can be pretty steep. Lots of forest area and very well marked! Great trail!