Headwaters Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(52)
Mantua, Ohio

Headwaters Trail is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mantua, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.4 miles Elevation Gain: 91 feet Route Type: Point to Point

very scenic with marshlands and much wildlife.

Great, smooth, even , nice walk!

private property

Directions bring you to a spot in the road marked private property, so I went into town and parked behind McDonald's. Started walking east. Trail was like a wide city bike trail and not what I like. so I turned around and found esker Trail, going the other direction. Esker Trail was more to my liking, and in the woods along the river and a lake. there was opportunity to go off Trail as well which I did and enjoyed.

Fri Jul 06 2018

Once we found a point where we could start, we enjoyed it (except for the horse flies). The directions took us to a random intersection that was very overgrown. We ended up in town and parked behind the McDonald's there is also a parking lot across the street. There were a number of others using the trail as well.

Sat Jun 30 2018

didn't do the whole thing but it wasn't that bad! first time getting out biking in over ten years! kids loved it

Fri Oct 07 2016

A nice ride. The weather was perfect for it.

Fri Oct 07 2016

A great second ride of the day. The weather had cooled down enough to be really enjoyable.

Fri Aug 29 2014

I found his trail to be terrible for biking. I have a hybrid/trail bike. I rode from Mantua to Garrettsville and back. This trail reminds me of a driveway. In many parts the limestone is non existent. Some areas are covered with large gravel. Some sections of the trail are also used as a bridle trail. It is suggested that horses are ridden on the berm. But all the dung is in the main path. Between the rocks, the sandy areas, the potholes and the crap you really need to pay attention. No leisure riding here. Until this trail receives some improvements, I will avoid it.

Tue Sep 04 2012

Nice rural trail that runs from Garrettsville to Mantua, south of Hiram College. Constructed on an old railroad the trail surface is mostly crushed limestone. The section between Asbury Rd. and Limeridge Rd. west of Camp Asbury has the roughest surface which can be sketchy for road bikes, everything else is fairly hard packed. The section west of 700 is also a shared drive with a few homes so watch out for cars. Highly recommended if you're in the area.