Little Miami Scenic River Trail

Little Miami Scenic River Trail is a 71.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mason, Ohio that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

canoeing

whitewater kayaking

It was a lot to do in one long day, but we only carried water and started early. There are plenty of places to eat or pick up snacks so do not weigh yourself down.

Loved this ride. We stopped at several of the little eateries and stores along the way. We knew from other reviewers that they were there so we did not carry anything but a water bottle.

Ride every year

Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday, February 22, 2016

First thing is that gps will not get you to the beginning of the trail. We kind of jumped in the middle and didn't know where we were at, at all. We were by a bunch of factories. But I had a great time, we got to see 2 buck and a doe about 20 feet from us. All in all it was a great time. I'de do it again if I could find the trail start.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Trail goes a 73ish miles from Newton to Xenia. I've only done 100 miles on this trail. This year I plan on looping the whole thing.
Trail is pretty smooth and level the entire way. I'm not too fond of the town Loveland. It's a nice haven for bikers but not a good place when you're trying to keep cadence.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

canoeing
Sunday, January 03, 2016

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Monday, December 14, 2015

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

We really enjoyed the flat but scenic road biking along the Little Miami Scenic Trail. We stayed in a campsite near Morrow, which gave us a good place to start from.

On Saturday we rode 30 miles (60 miles, round trip) to Xenia, where we had lunch at Nick's.
On Sunday we rode 15 miles (30 miles, round trip) to Loveland, and had another nice lunch.

We really enjoyed being able to stop in a trail town and have lunch. There were place along the trail to stop and eat, refill our water or use the restroom. It makes for an easy ride, if you're looking to get a lot of mileage. The trail is pretty well maintained and you don't have to deal with cars very often. Do be weary of the road crossing though it can be hard to see the cars coming at some of the crossings.

I wish I'd brought less water and gear though. You can travel very light, since there are so many places to stop and resupply. Next time, I'll bring less stuff for the ride.

Friday, January 16, 2015

I finally got to ride this trail 3 times last fall. First times to Morrow---26 miles round trip, the last time to Lebanon--32 miles round trip, which was a way more challenging ride.. Oh and when you get into Lebanon, go left.....not right.......as you won't find their historic downtown if you go right........ I hope to do an extended ride and not just squeeze it into my off day.....

whitewater kayaking
Thursday, August 07, 2014

On this river several times a month. great way to relax!!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My family and I use this trail often throughout the summer. As our children get older the distance we travel on this trail gets longer. At least once a month we get on at Newtown, ride up to Milford for lunch and walking / shopping around Old Milford then on up to Loveland before turning around and coming back. There are several places along the way that would make perfect spots to have a picnic, fish / swim in the river, or just stop to enjoy the scenery. I am currently planning an extended overnight ride from Newtown to Caesar Creek and back (while stopping periodically to “smell the roses”) over a weekend (90 Miles) in the near future as this trail will be excellent for something like that.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Always love this trail! Use it very often from Springfield down past Milford. Plenty of places to stop and eat, relax, take a side canoe trip... Rich in history. Plenty of places to stop and stay in a hotel or camp nearby. Mostly flat down past Xenia. Also many places to stop to have a quick fix done to your bike. It is close to everything but very serene. My favorite multi use trail.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday, June 22, 2013

I rode part of this trail from Milford OH to a point 30 miles out toward the Xenia station trail head and returned to my original starting point. The ride was very scenic . Most of the trail was canopied by the forest. The trail winds through the woods along the Little Miami river. There are plenty of watering holes and eateries along the trail as you pass through small OH towns which were once served by the railroad. There are a lot of critters living along the river and lovers of wildlife will be pleased to see and encounter the various animals along the route. The route is shared by walkers,joggers and cyclists. I found everyone very friendly. I would recommend this rife to anyone who is either traveling through or living in the area. Very nice ride on a well maintained asphalt trail

Friday, June 07, 2013