Lanterman's Mill Trail

Lanterman's Mill Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Youngstown, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

scenic driving

cave

2,882 acre park with opportunities include hiking, biking, boating, fishing, golf, tennis, volleyball, picnicking, cross country skiing, sledding, and more.

Perfect loop.

Great trail- scenic and peaceful- somewhat populated (more at certain times of the day) can be treacherous; watch for roots and rocks- southwest trail area of the lake is the least difficult- I save that for my last leg of my run to decrease chance of injury. Blessed to have this trail in our backyard!!!

Beautiful trail, but I'm very confused. I walked the trail as outlined on the map, and it was only 1.7 miles. I did it twice, but clearly still shorter than 4.9 miles.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

so many trail heads. multiple waterfalls. dog friendly and kid friendly. very pretty

Friday, September 16, 2016

More than one path, great scenery.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

I took my four boys and wife on this trail and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The mix of terrain (asphalt, fields, unpaved) was a little weird but also welcome. They label this trail as moderate but we would label it as easy.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Mill was very interesting to tour. Path markings were a little confusing or non-existent but made it around the lake and back to the mill. Beautiful scenery for such an urban area. Park was clean and well kept. Probably not a good area to be in much past dusk.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Awesome trail. The Boardwalk was closed so I rerouted plenty to see with suttle inclines.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

It was a nice trail. Will come back again.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

It was a good hike, would do it again. Only downfall of hike, trails are not marked well. You have to figure out when you go into the parking lot, where the trail begins again.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Great hike. Says 5 miles around lake but we went a little further so ours ended up closer to a 6 mile hike around. Saw deer, crane and tons of other wildlife. Gorgeous views. Next time we will pack a picnic.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

It is as scenic as many state & National Parks trails. A nice hike for almost anybody, including children

Saturday, December 19, 2015

I love this area. The trails are really fun to get out on and the scenery is beautiful! I love the rocky terrain this area offers.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

nice for a hike. did around 9 miles of walking close to the river. wouldnt expect the views where the park is located. very pleasant walk.

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

None of the trails were clearly marked. I had to ask a park employee, who was also unclear on exactly where the "loop" was and gave me direction of ways I could go, but wasn't entirely sure of it. There was more trash than usual around the trails. Also, due to the park killing off hundreds of geese recently, I won't be returning. I don't make it a habit to frequent places in nature where "officials" take it upon themselves to kill wildlife who have more of a right to be there than people do.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Great trail. It was hard to believe a place that nice was located in a town so run down. The trail follows the river an then returns on the opposite side. Little situated along the path reveal some history of the mill.

Monday, August 05, 2013

Very nice place, good trails, very scenic on the trail running along the river. Will be back in the fall.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Amazing place. However there is no mountain bike trail. Only road bike trails.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Grew up in Mill Creek... Beautiful sites, great place! Visit lantermins mill in the winter, you won't regret it! Best thing Youngstown has!

recorded Lanterman's Mill Trail