Lake Vesuvius Lakeshore Trail

Lake Vesuvius Lakeshore Trail is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pedro, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My nephew and I ran the Lakeshore Trail and had a blast! Good hill climbs, lots to look at, and a couple of decent places to pick up the pace. It was boggy in a few spots and we each turned an ankle (not too bad) but all in all it was a quite good experience!!

It was so pretty! You got a lot of views of the lake and the water was beautiful. I will say it's kind of hard but if you are fully prepared it wouldn't be a problem. A little trash Around some areas near the dam.

Really enjoyed this hike. Trails are in great shape, a few muddy areas but nothing too terrible. It was a great day, forecast was rain but we went anyway-- not a drop. Nice breeze and so many local flowers/plants blooming.

It was a great hike, a bit muddy so don't bring shoes or clothes you're not willing to get dirty.

Starting on the pier gives you just about the easiest hike imaginable - for about four miles or so, anyway. After that point, when the view is more of creek beds and less of lake, it is slick, muddy, and frustrating - pretty much all the way to the beach.

The wildflowers coming up at this time of year are beautiful, and the trees aren't yet leafy enough to obscure the views of the lake.

Be prepared for a longer completion time than anticipated, however, due to significant hang-ups in the muddy stretch.

I thoroughly enjoyed this trail. I almost didn't go due to the reviews of how muddy it is or how people had to double back because of the confusing markers. I didn't find this to be the case. There were a few muddy places but were very passable if you went off the trail 6 feet and went around. I started at the boat ramp and did find that at about 2 1/4 miles in the bridge is partially out and it becomes very muddy but OH DNR has marked a secondary trail with pink ribbons that circles around that. Please don't hesitate to check out this trail. It was a peaceful walk that's not too strenuous and had a lot of wildlife to see as well as some scenic views. A definite thumbs up.

I really enjoy running on this trail. There are a few spots where it gets a bit confusing but hey it's the outdoors right.

It's a good trail but once you get near the other side of the lake it get very muddy. I would definitely recommend boots of some kind. I mean very muddy.

Great loop.

I hiked the lakeshore trail and the back section of the backpack trail about a year ago. The lakeshore trail has some nice views of the lake as you go along. I went in the summer, but I think this would be a beautiful hike in the fall when the leaves are changing. The trail was a little confusing in the back where it intersects the horse trails. I think the bridge mentioned below was out when I was there as well.

I made a couple of videos of the trip. The first video can be found on my YouTube channel at the link below.

The trail was in great shape. Nice rock outcroppings