New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Kokosing Gap Trail to Mohican Valley Trail

Kokosing Gap Trail to Mohican Valley Trail is a 18.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mount Vernon, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 18.4 miles Elevation Gain: 351 feet Route Type: Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

bike touring

paved

rails trails

historic site

It’s a bike path so that tells you the level of difficulty. I wanted to let you know the path has been extended to Glenmont. I think it’s 11 miles. It’s on this map as a dotted line. It’s all part of bike path 1 going from Cleveland to Cincinnati.

Sun Jan 06 2019

Ride my bike here all the time. It has a bit of a problem with tree roots creating speed bumps but is very beautiful and fun over all.

Tue Sep 18 2018

Beautiful paved trail with numerous bridge crossings. In our (wife & I) short journey of biking, it's one of the best.

Thu Aug 23 2018

George and really enjoyed the trail, loved the canopy of trees keeping it shady. Just wish google hadn't taken me to the parking lot at the start of the trail instead of the shady looking isolated park (but that's Googles fault).

Wed Jul 18 2018

I road this trail around 2004, it is very nice ,a great trail mostly, wide open country riding. one of my favorite.

Tue Jul 10 2018

Nice canopy rail trail. Low grade for similar experience in both directions. Plenty of points to park and get on the trail. Nice picnic spot and rest rooms at Kenyon University crossing.

Fri Apr 06 2018

Rail to trails. Flat, blacktop, scenic and historical stops.

Sat Jan 20 2018

I been a many many trails in Ohio, born in Lorain Ohio, lived in Iowa 7 years, nice long trails there, new jeresy for 5 years, bad state to bike or walk, the younger kids have gang's that pester any body that crosses there trails, getting back to Ohio. I love my home state, and riding or walking hundreds of miles, there's no place like home,

Fri Oct 27 2017

Thu Jul 20 2017

It says 18 miles but you don't have to go that far!! There are many different stops/ parking places along the path. It's in really good condition and paved. Excellent for running, especially if you enjoy running distance. When I don't run trails, this is my favorite place to go. About half the time I take my dog (on a leash). Typically I start in Howard and go towards Gambier and turn around. Also, it's usually not busy except I've found Saturdays are very popular.

Mon Jul 23 2018