Kokosing Gap Trail to Mohican Valley Trail

Kokosing Gap Trail to Mohican Valley Trail is a 18.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mount Vernon, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

I road this trail around 2004, it is very nice ,a great trail mostly,
wide open country riding. one of my favorite.

Nice canopy rail trail. Low grade for similar experience in both directions. Plenty of points to park and get on the trail. Nice picnic spot and rest rooms at Kenyon University crossing.

Rail to trails. Flat, blacktop, scenic and historical stops.

I been a many many trails in Ohio, born in Lorain Ohio,
lived in Iowa 7 years, nice long trails there, new jeresy for 5 years, bad state to bike or walk,
the younger kids have gang's that pester any body that crosses there trails, getting back to Ohio. I love my home state, and riding or walking hundreds of miles, there's no place like home,

Thursday, July 20, 2017

It says 18 miles but you don't have to go that far!! There are many different stops/ parking places along the path. It's in really good condition and paved. Excellent for running, especially if you enjoy running distance. When I don't run trails, this is my favorite place to go. About half the time I take my dog (on a leash). Typically I start in Howard and go towards Gambier and turn around. Also, it's usually not busy except I've found Saturdays are very popular.

Monday, February 20, 2017