Johnson Hills Park Trails

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(56)
Johnson Hills Park

Johnson Hills Park Trails is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cincinnati, Ohio that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 334 feet Route Type: Loop

The blue trail was great. Good elevation changes, shady and a little muddy because it rained yesterday. Overall great!

Pretty muddy, and trails were not very clearly marked from the parking area, but the trails themselves were pretty good once I found them (very muddy though). Dog friendly and not over crowded with people! I would definitely go here again.

Nice trail but NOT after rain! Would be VERY muddy!!

Super muddy. My 4yo and 6yo managed with some difficulty. But the 2yo could not go up and down those hills in the mud at all. So she stayed on my back and the baby stayed in front. The trail goes along the road for a while. Which was a surprise. The forest was choked with honeysuckle. It doesn’t look like there’s much effort to control it. Not sure I’ll come back.

Great little trail! Will be back.

11/3/19- okay trail. had the trail to myself and my dog, she really liked it. Nice woods. Looked like a creek was dried up.

This was a nice trail. I did infact see wildlife; a squirrel and bird. Usually with my dog I never see wildlife but I did today.

Sun May 19 2019

Nice trail! Was pretty muddy when we went though. Also a little tricky trying to see how this trail on the app overlapped with the trails they designated (blue/yellow/green).

Sun Mar 17 2019

I adore this park. Just as a warning it is muddy and some spots are super slick. You can see the road from inside the woods as well. This park is not known by many people. Whenever I hike here I don't see anyone else. I bring my dogs and they love it.

Sun Feb 10 2019

Mon Oct 22 2018

After a few mis-starts, found the trail. Good hike, decent amount of time in the woods. Wear decent shoes - trail is full of roots.

Tue Aug 28 2018

Some decent hills to run and trails well maintained.

Sat Jul 07 2018

First time I went. Loved it. Went on a beautiful day and I didn’t come across anyone else. Some parts are confusing, like the open field area. But this app really helped stay on course.

Sun Jul 01 2018

I didn’t see anyone once I got into the woods. I wore my regular running shoes and I think it would be better to wear hiking boots. I stumbled in some mole holes when I was looking for the trail head. I liked all the hills and the shade, once I was in the woods. I had trouble walking down some of the hills because I’m turning into a granny and didn’t wear the right shoes. I could hear a lot of road traffic and for a while I could see the road, so it wasn’t such a peaceful walk. I’ll definitely go here again because it’s so close to my home, but I don’t love it. I might love it in another season. Summer is my least favorite time to hike.

Tue May 01 2018

Great trails for trail running. Hardly anyone here, peaceful and a refreshing run. Ran on the red blaze, yellow blaze and blue blaze trails. Will be back often!

Mon Jan 22 2018

This park rocks. Usually there aren’t many people here. New parking lot is nice.

Sun Feb 12 2017

Nice hike through the woods in Anderson Township. Not overly difficult, perfect for a relaxing day.

Tue Sep 06 2016

Hard to tell where trail goes next.