Infirmary Mound Trail

Infirmary Mound Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Granville, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Located minutes from Granville, Ohio in a rural setting off of SR 37 and 40 minutes from Columbus, Ohio, 15 minutes from Newark, Ohio this park has the right accessibility for most beginner to intermediate hikers. Wide trails in most places also make it very popular with horsemen. Park at the gravel paved horseman's parking lot towards the back of the park before the tree line. Behind the announcement board if you walk through the grass towards the tree you will find the trail head to your right a boulder with a plaque. Go straight or left (it loops back) then follow trail 15 through the prairie and either go straight or cut right (for a shorter walk). Take a map with you and explore all the trails. There is a variety from prairie, woods and it's not very hilly. Good for mountain biking, walking, trekking, cross country skiing, hiking, horseback riding. The versatility of this park makes it a favorite of mine.

well, I'm not a fan of sharing trails with horses.....and there were definitely horse hoofs throughout trails. not bad, but not a lot of interest. I picked 5 ticks off after 1/2 hour.

A trail predominantly used by horses that is a little boring to hike. There are only a few hills and many long stretches of flat ground. The trail has markers but my wife and I often found it difficult to figure out which way to go. I would not recommend this trail for hikers but we were nearby visiting family so we gave it a try.

The trail scenery is great! It is primarily a horse trail. I went just after a hard rain to test out my gear. I agree it is a moderate level trail due to the fact that the trail is not marked very well and a new hiker could get turned around easily. There were no other hikers when I went.
Found the place where they have Civil War reenactments.

Beautiful time of year to hike the trails. Colorful crunching of leaves under your boots.

Great for the beginner and kids. Flat with a lot of wooded areas.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Nice trail. Has a fenced in dog park. People r friendly. Our dogs enjoyed the woods.

Monday, December 07, 2015