Holmesbrook Park is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Wadsworth, Ohio that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 180 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Holmesbrook Park totals 58.3 acres and is the largest park in the City of Wadsworth. The trails total approximately 3 miles with a handful of different offshoot trails that allow for shorter or longer hikes. Holmesbrook is a multi-purpose park filled with various walking surfaces from paved to dirt, picnic tables and park benches, bike paths, etc. It's an all-around great park with options for everyone. Holmesbrook Park continues to be developed with the goal of extending the trail to Friedt Park and beyond...

Not all the trails are passable

Like the trail but not marked very well. Pretty easy unless you climb the hill to Freidt Park.

Trail is easy with some moderate to hard trails off the main path. Well kept. Quiet.

These trails are very kid friendly. We loved walking it today with our 3 and 5 year olds. They had so much fun and the creek is great for exploring.

My dog loves to run up and down the hill at the end of this park. The hill is used for sledding in the winter; however, in the summer it is generally vacant. As for the park itself, there are many ravines that my dog also loves to play in. No ticks in the many times we’ve gone. If you have a dog, this is the place for you!

Tue Nov 29 2016

Poorly marked trail that doesn't make a lot of sense. I'd think it wasn't more than a trail made by animals or water runoff except every once and a while there happens to be a random bench. Be sure to wear boots as there's no way to cross the creek other than trying to walk across loose rocks. Needless to say I slipped and I'm now soaking wet in late November.

Sun Sep 18 2016

Didn't like trail

Mon Nov 09 2015

Confusing trails and small park but still a nice change from the roads and buildings even for a brief time.

Wed Sep 02 2015

Not enough signs. Very confusing. The first time I went, the fork I chose emptied into a neighborhood. I thought maybe it would pick back up. No. Intering journey back to the car. Second adventure,stayed to the left forks, much longer. Trail became increasing thinner. I kept wondering if I'd wandered onto private land. Decided to turn around when I saw rt224 and homes ahead. Nice creek, and enjoyed seeing the fish. Bring a compass, flash light, friend, and start early :)

Mon May 25 2015

Nice hike although I would say there are some confusing trails that may just lead to a neighborhood, seems like a lot of trails were added onto the original trail to connect it up to different neighborhoods, and there is no sign helping you stay on the right path.

Tue Apr 22 2014

Very confusing trail. Parts seem to vanish and pick back up at random. Despite that, its gorgeous and never too busy.

Sun Feb 09 2014

There's definitely a lot of work to be done here, but you can see the potential. There's a few unique hills and bike trails, but it's missing the continuity. I'll also attribute part of that to the winter time and not being able to see some of the trails and such. It's a nice little spot, and I look forward to seeing its growth as well.

recorded Holmesbrook Park