New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Hocking River Trail

Hocking River Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lancaster, Ohio that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 216 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This is a short scenic hike around one of Ohio'a oldest Mills. The mill is in the process of being restored to its original state. Very well known in the younger community for illegal cliff jumping.

flooded

Nothing special about this place

flooded
private property

Horrible trail. No trail markings whatsoever. You cant tell if you’re on private property or on trail. Very swampy. Definitely do not recommend. Nothing to see.

I am still laughing at this hike. It is a loop according to the map but the text says it is an out and back. From the parking lot, it is very clear where the trail is. Once you get past the end of the pond at the dam, it is very unclear. But we trudged on, bushwacked our way to the road and walked back to the parking lot. Our dog had a great time, and we are good sports, but I doubt we will take this hike again.

DO NOT COME HERE IT IS A SCAM. This is has none do the pictures. Idk I what we just did but please read reviews before coming here...

Don’t waste your time going here it’s nothing like the pictures.

Hiked this trail yestrday. Not well marked and it DOES NOT take you to the mill and covered bridge. I lost the trail and ended up cutting through the creek to get back on trail. There are 2 parking areas which is very confusing when you start at one then end up at another. There is a rope swing over a nice little area at the lake. Didn't try it so not sure how safe it would be. Some beautiful views of the lake and it is a nice quiet area.

This looks like a great place to dump a body. Not much else.

Sat Apr 28 2018

It was a fun trail especially for exploring... buttt we started from the wrong end and didn’t really have a trail when we started which was def an adventure!! Great memory with the kids and dog

Sat Jul 01 2017

Not well marked -- very nice nature scenes! But it was pretty muddy.

Sun Nov 06 2016

Horrible conditions. Trails not marked, dirty underwear lying about, and smells of fish guts.

Mon May 23 2016

Pretty area but trail is NOT marked. My 8 year old and I were a little lost.

Thu Mar 08 2018