Hinckley Lake Loop

Hinckley Lake Loop is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hinckley, Ohio that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.9 miles Elevation Gain: 134 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Nice trail around the lake and also weaves in and out the woods

Easy, mostly flat, mostly dirt and gravel loop although parts are paved. Some soft spots and mud patches but those were easily avoided. Trail is mostly shaded.

Nice trail...easy

A bit muddy, but small enough to make it fun! The only trail I have come across in CLE that is clearly marked. I will be coming here much more often, my new favorite trail!

Trail was pretty muddy thanks to the heavy rains last night. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be considering it was a sunny Sunday. It was a scenic trail and pretty wide, though it wasn't very well marked in some places. If I didn't have this app to guide me, I would have missed the trail a few times. We got to see a Blue Heron just a few feet away as well. She was hunting for fish and caught 4 in the 30 minutes we sat and watched her. It was neat to watch. This is also a great trail for small kids since it is so easy and wide.

Tried to get out and enjoy the day before it rains again. Pretty muddy in many spots but to be expected with all the rain we’ve been getting. Really enjoy this trail as it’s well kept and safe.

Enjoyable hike around the lake. Many species of birds stop by this area during spring and fall migration.

Well marked and fairly easy

nice peaceful easy hike.

Nice longer but easy hike. Can be muddy.

Friday, August 17, 2018

Trail clearly marked & well maintained.

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Lots of cool birds doing the flying activity, including two bald eagles doing a little fishing. Plenty of herons and turkey vultures too. The lake is a cool backdrop to the hike, even if the terrain isn’t challenging. Too many people though.

Monday, July 02, 2018

nice trail

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Well maintained trail around the lake we enjoyed it very much

Wednesday, May 09, 2018

I love this trail. So much to see. Last time I was there there were so many huge turtles and fish jumping out of the water. You can also kayak here and take a dip in the dam reservoir. It’s a nice long hike and it’s just so beautiful. I’m going back tomorrow.

Thursday, April 05, 2018

Easy trail!

Monday, October 23, 2017

This my go-to if I’m not in the mood to search for a new trail. Be sure to use the nature trail (instead of the paved path) for a proper “hike”. I usually start by the Marina where there is plenty of parking. The nature trailhead is just behind the shop.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Beautiful hike. It felt longer than expected for some reason. I'm usually into waterfall/rock formation hikes, so this was a nice change of pace. Glad I went. Fairly easy with fantastic lake views and mild hilly terrain to make it really interesting. Park at the boat rental area and hike counter clockwise.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Fun trail to hike but not all that well marked. Beautiful sights on the lake, but I'm not crazy about how much of it was on or near the road

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Nice easy walk

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Monday, July 03, 2017

A pretty solid trail. It could be a lot more clearly marked, easy to find yourself on the all-purpose trail instead, but the lake loop itself is fairly scenic, well maintained and just challenging enough to be interesting. Bugs were a big issue in a few places as the trail skirts some marshy areas, so consider some repellent. The trail was wide and clear enough that ticks weren't too much of a concern for our pup. Would be four stars if it were more clearly marked.

Monday, June 26, 2017

I mostly ran on the hiking/birding trails (dirt paths just off the main paved trail) and it's the best spot for trail running I've found in Northeast Ohio. It's the perfect balance of maintenance and wilderness!

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Pretty area hike around the lake on dirt path or take the asphalted path. This is an easy hike.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Definitely a fun trail the signage and maps are not the best for making your way from trail to trail just

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Very nice and pleasant hike, about 30 percent is on paved road, however. Be careful in winter, the trail gets icy and can be difficult to walk on carefully

Thursday, September 29, 2016

amazing view all around

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Moderate to easy with very little elevation change. Sections are paved where it joins with the jogging trail. Good hike with some nice views.