Hinkley Lake Loop Trail

Hinkley Lake Loop Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hinckley, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Lots of cool birds doing the flying activity, including two bald eagles doing a little fishing. Plenty of herons and turkey vultures too. The lake is a cool backdrop to the hike, even if the terrain isn’t challenging. Too many people though.

nice trail

Well maintained trail around the lake we enjoyed it very much

I love this trail. So much to see. Last time I was there there were so many huge turtles and fish jumping out of the water. You can also kayak here and take a dip in the dam reservoir. It’s a nice long hike and it’s just so beautiful. I’m going back tomorrow.

Easy trail!

This my go-to if I’m not in the mood to search for a new trail. Be sure to use the nature trail (instead of the paved path) for a proper “hike”. I usually start by the Marina where there is plenty of parking. The nature trailhead is just behind the shop.

Beautiful hike. It felt longer than expected for some reason. I'm usually into waterfall/rock formation hikes, so this was a nice change of pace. Glad I went. Fairly easy with fantastic lake views and mild hilly terrain to make it really interesting. Park at the boat rental area and hike counter clockwise.

Fun trail to hike but not all that well marked. Beautiful sights on the lake, but I'm not crazy about how much of it was on or near the road

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Nice easy walk

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Monday, July 03, 2017

A pretty solid trail. It could be a lot more clearly marked, easy to find yourself on the all-purpose trail instead, but the lake loop itself is fairly scenic, well maintained and just challenging enough to be interesting. Bugs were a big issue in a few places as the trail skirts some marshy areas, so consider some repellent. The trail was wide and clear enough that ticks weren't too much of a concern for our pup. Would be four stars if it were more clearly marked.

Monday, June 26, 2017

I mostly ran on the hiking/birding trails (dirt paths just off the main paved trail) and it's the best spot for trail running I've found in Northeast Ohio. It's the perfect balance of maintenance and wilderness!

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Pretty area hike around the lake on dirt path or take the asphalted path. This is an easy hike.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Definitely a fun trail the signage and maps are not the best for making your way from trail to trail just

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Very nice and pleasant hike, about 30 percent is on paved road, however. Be careful in winter, the trail gets icy and can be difficult to walk on carefully

Thursday, September 29, 2016

amazing view all around

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Moderate to easy with very little elevation change. Sections are paved where it joins with the jogging trail. Good hike with some nice views.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

nice place beautiful lake well maintained trail.

Friday, July 01, 2016

I went I the summer of 2015. The the lake trail was great. Made better by hiking across the road to Whips Ledges!

Saturday, June 04, 2016

There was a time when we came out of the woods at the last turn of the loop and wouldn't have known to walk so far on the all-purpose paved trail if it weren't for our GPS. Wasn't marked there at all. Other than that it was a great time. Good trail.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

nice trails

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Beautiful lake views, with fairly level terrain for hiking, walking and jogging.

Monday, February 16, 2015

So we went on the Hike this morning. It was the coldest day in 100 years. -12 degrees

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A trail is easy to hike, walk or bike. Good all times of the year.

paddle sports
Thursday, August 14, 2014

Floated Bryant creek in mo. From aid hogkins mill to warren bridge. On 8 10 14. Beautiful float.

Sunday, August 03, 2014

Lots of people here !!!

Monday, October 08, 2012

Very beautiful trail. Jogged the Hinckley lake loop trail. Pls. have a copy of the trail from the link below.
www.clemetparks.com/pdf/Hinckleytrail.pdf

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Beautiful lake loop trail in Hinkley. Connects to great creekside equestrian trail.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Very cool place. The directions to the main parking lot on Alltrails was accurate. The signage around the area is misleading. Signs keep pointing up Bellus Rd. to Whipps ledges. If you follow, it takes you down state Rd. and ends at the Whipps Ledges Picnic area. No signage for trail head. I started my trek from the parking lot on State Rd. After wandering around some I found the blue trail marker that leads you towards the creek. Beyond there it was absolutely beautiful. Perfect fall day. This extension (blue trail) is part of the buckeye trail and takes you up to the parking lot where the Whipps Ledges hike begins. I think I started the trail backwards as I started under the ledges. Incredible. Once you get to the end up the ledges I got a bit mixed up. One trail kept going and eventually wandered downhill for a mile or so. Unfortunately with all the fallen leaves, the trail eventually stopped in a clearing. I think there might be more to the trail that direction, but I'll have to wait till spring to find the rest of it. At this point I turned around and went above the ledges. The trail scatters a bit here as it darts near the cliff edge and back into the woods. Not a clear path, but enough hikers out and about you can see and hear people and can find your way back to the trail head. Such an awesome place! Tons of families with small children who clearly had no problem scaling the massive boulders. Be sure to take your camera. Loved it. Highly recommend it.

Monday, August 22, 2011

I only did the 3.5 mile trail around the lake. Trail is really easy to run with lots of places to stop and enjoy the lake.