Hinckley Lake Loop Trail to Buckeye Trail

Hinckley Lake Loop Trail to Buckeye Trail is a 7.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hinckley, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I wasn't able to complete the entire loop today because there were workers cutting down a tree and I could not pass, so I had to turn around and go back.

I'm not sure how much of this trail is tow path, but it seemed like most of it passed the smaller lake loop is and that's not super fun for me. I prefer to be on softer ground, especially in hiking boots.

Great hike.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

The lake loop is a beautiful trail. I love walking in the evening as the sun sets. It is a perfect trail to either hike or run. The other positive to hiking this metro park is that you have the option to walk on pavement as well. This comes in handy if the lake loop is extremely muddy. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a challenge as the lake loop has a few hills. If you don't want to walk/hike at all the lake is great for fishing, paddle boarding, kayaking, swimming, et cetera.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Sunday, April 03, 2016

April 3 hike. well it snowed last night about 2 inches. A good portion of the trail was snow and ice covered. Low spots were very soggy.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Thursday, September 24, 2015

This is a great trail with beautiful views of the lake and wildlife. We went early in the morning about 8am on a Wednesday and I was surprised at how much foot traffic there was. In some places the trail does not continue and you have to use the all purpose sidewalk to make a complete loop.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

did the whole loop. 9.55 miles. We finally have completed the whole Buckeye trail that runs thru Hinckley Reservation. Even walked into Richfield.

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Fun loop can be fully paved or you can go off road a little bit

Friday, May 23, 2014

I hiked the Hinkley Lake Loop trail with my wife and wasn't overly impressed. The trail itself is pretty crowded with other hikers and fishermen, but the views of the lake are nice. If you're looking for a leisurely stroll through the woods, then this might be the place for you. I have heard good things about the hike to the ledges, but I haven't explored those trails yet.