Hinckley Lake Loop Trail to Buckeye Trail is a 7.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hinckley, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

there's a portion of the trail where it's on the road therefore not very fun. however the rest of the trail is beautiful.

No markings but a beautiful view

Love this trail, and the water is great to see.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

If you like walking on lots of paved trails/access roads then you’ll like this one. Otherwise it’s not worth the effort. Could be marked better, makes it easier to locate the trail. Not impressed. Didn’t like it. Will not go back. Only positive was the challenge in the elevations.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

I wasn't able to complete the entire loop today because there were workers cutting down a tree and I could not pass, so I had to turn around and go back.

I'm not sure how much of this trail is tow path, but it seemed like most of it passed the smaller lake loop is and that's not super fun for me. I prefer to be on softer ground, especially in hiking boots.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Monday, June 05, 2017

Great hike.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

The lake loop is a beautiful trail. I love walking in the evening as the sun sets. It is a perfect trail to either hike or run. The other positive to hiking this metro park is that you have the option to walk on pavement as well. This comes in handy if the lake loop is extremely muddy. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a challenge as the lake loop has a few hills. If you don't want to walk/hike at all the lake is great for fishing, paddle boarding, kayaking, swimming, et cetera.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

April 3 hike. well it snowed last night about 2 inches. A good portion of the trail was snow and ice covered. Low spots were very soggy.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

This is a great trail with beautiful views of the lake and wildlife. We went early in the morning about 8am on a Wednesday and I was surprised at how much foot traffic there was. In some places the trail does not continue and you have to use the all purpose sidewalk to make a complete loop.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

did the whole loop. 9.55 miles. We finally have completed the whole Buckeye trail that runs thru Hinckley Reservation. Even walked into Richfield.

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Fun loop can be fully paved or you can go off road a little bit

Friday, May 23, 2014

I hiked the Hinkley Lake Loop trail with my wife and wasn't overly impressed. The trail itself is pretty crowded with other hikers and fishermen, but the views of the lake are nice. If you're looking for a leisurely stroll through the woods, then this might be the place for you. I have heard good things about the hike to the ledges, but I haven't explored those trails yet.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

My family hiked this today, the trail was a bit confusing and only minor terrain changes. Portions of the path are sinking towards the lake and I wouldn't suggest going within a couple days of rain. It was really muddy. Overall, the wildlife was interesting and the lake is nice. I love the dam area, but the abundance of dead fish and confusing trails detract a little from the experience.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I walked this today, (only the Hinckley Lake Loop Trial, 3.4 miles) Halloween, in rainy weather with my dog. This is one of the most secnic trails I have ever walked. You have a view of the lake almost through the entire walk. I rated moderate because of a couple of small hills but for me it was very easy to complete. There are several more trails in this area which is part of Hinckley Reservation in Medina County and is part of the Cleveland Metroparks. Parking is located on West Drive which is off of Bellus Road. The link below is a map of all trails for Hinckley Reservation

Friday, October 20, 2017