Highbanks Metro Park Trail

Highbanks Metro Park Trail is a 6 mile loop trail located near Lewis Center, Ohio and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

NOTIFICATION: ALL OF THE SCENIC PHOTOS SUBMITTED BY USER NATASHA MERKES ARE OF GLEN HELEN NATURE PARK, NOT HIGHBANKS!!! Nothing nearly as scenic here.

Pros: Not too far from the city. Multiple trails to walk but mostly short. Friendly, helpful staff and nice nature center.

Cons: No true day hike option. Only one rather lousy dog friendly trail (leash only). Not much scenic geography (mostly just unimproved trails through wooded areas and fields). The park leads a guided hike to "The Giants," a pair of oversized Sycamores, a couple of times a year. One of the trees has come down in recent years. Neither was really that impressive. I have seen at least 2 Sycamores in southern Ohio in my lifetime that were significantly larger. One is still standing.....disappointing

No dogs allowed. Waist of time.

Completed the 5 mile winter hike, trails were clear and in good shape.

09-12-2016/Monday: Being a yearly visitor to Ohio, the family took me on a hike which I found to be fun, enjoying and extremely relaxing. During the hike, I got a great education to the foliage and its dangers. You see, Hawaii does not have any of the dangers that I was told about. After yesterday's hike, I chose to hike the trail again this time exploring all the trails and having a wonderful time doing it and getting some quality walking time in. I guarantee that I'll be hike this trail over and over again.

I really enjoy High Banks. I did the Dripping Rock trail today (2.5 miles) and it had some nice inclines throughout. It's very scenic and just an enjoyable walk, run, whatever! My only wish is that all of the trails were pet friendly. When I go with my dog I have to stick to one trail and that gets boring.

Good for birdwatching. There is a pet trail for dog-walking.