Great Miami River Trail: Middletown to Piqua

Great Miami River Trail: Middletown to Piqua is a 68.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Dayton, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

This trail was beautiful to jog through, but, with it being a bike trail also, I found it to be pretty dangerous when the bikers didn't make themselves known as they approached from behind and I believe it would be more efficient if they had separate trails for jogging and bikes. There's also need for more signs for indication, because there's mini trails that lead out from the main trail to who knows where and hormonal teenagers or adults even will take advantage of that when this trail is family oriented. I spotted two today making out by the river and while the scenery is nice, it's not the place for that and it suggest that security needs to be upped. Until they try to improve this trail I'll be jogging on down another.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Dayton - "City of Trails". Should be "City of Closed Trails". Nothing but poorly marked detours. One detour in Dayton ran me right through a bridge construction site. I nearly wrecked my road bike because of deep sand. Another detour took me down the most horrible road I ever road on! It went right past a recycling center, nothing but broken glass on the road. I got a flat tire as a result. Was only able to ride 5 miles of trail each way from the Air Force Museum. I traveled 150 miles to ride 22. Pathetic! At least the Air Force Museum was awesome....because it is run by the Air Force and not Dayton.

Friday, September 30, 2016

I also enjoyed this ride. The day was beautiful about three days ago.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Sorry that Paul did not enjoy this trail. We did . I thought it was cool to follow the river. The day was beautiful and so was some of the scenery.

Friday, September 02, 2016

Why are paved bike paths included in trails. I am a trail runner who wants to run on unpaved trails. I wish we had more of these. The bike paths we have in this area are very boring. Yes they are long, but they are also very straight because they were converted from railroads. We do have a great connector near me in Miamisburg - Medlar and that is very nice. Now I wish we could put a nice dirt trail to run on. Running on dirt is great for knees, hips, etc

Monday, August 29, 2016

A paved riverside path, running through downtown Dayton, connecting to many other trails.