Grant Park Trail

Grant Park Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dayton, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It is rocky in spots but is mostly a dirt trail. There is a bit of up-and-down terrain and one creek crossing that may be impassible after heavy rain. Trail markers are sparse, so you have to be aware of where you are. Unmarked trails and utility roads make it easy to get off the correct trail. You should be following the yellow trail markers.

Nice trail. Small obstacles around the creek but nothing major. I took my dog and had no problems. Quite a few people which is nice when hiking solo.

A nice 3+ mile loop, almost entirely shaded. A nice field in the middle, with a small pond. Lightly trafficked which is fantastic imo. Stay quiet, enjoy the sounds of nature...I walked right up next to a frog, saw a white tail deer just feet from me, and a cotton tail rabbit. This trail is now on my favorites list.

Trail markers are difficult to follow.

Never gets remote, but is decent length and has pretty parts. Certain areas are arid and not typical Ohio woodlands. Take the black loop to the yellow, and back to the black. Its decent length.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

There are a few difficult hills but a majority of the trails are easy to run--- I would not run the hills because there are plenty of large roots. This was my first visit and there are tons of little trails that branch off the main trails! It's a beautiful park where you can enjoys the valleys and sloping scenery!

Monday, February 27, 2017

Very nice, quick, local trail. Has some beautiful deep woods areas and some small river features. The trail markings can be a tad confusing at times, but nothing a weekend hike warrior can't handle. A few interesting architectural features along the way too.

Friday, October 07, 2016

My husband and I had a great time on this hike. We saw two deer sitting in the brush as we were crossing the bridge. Trail markers are a little confusing but we managed to find our way back. The old stone chimneys were neat to photograph and the shells near the creek were great to see.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Great place to see deer and explore

Monday, August 29, 2016

Scenic creekside trail.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Giselle, my 2 year old and I had a great time hiking over to the creek where she threw rocks in!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I love this trail. The out and back trail is perfect for a short visit with Mother Nature and there are plenty of things to marvel at.

I always eat my lunch at the river about half way through the barn trail. The entrance can get a little muddy and mosquito-y but once you get into the thick of the woods, you won't be disappointed.

Really looking forward to having time to hike all the bigger loop trails sometime soon.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

This is my favorite trail for trail running, great for hiking too. There are markers and maps throughout the trail system.

Monday, June 22, 2015

One of my favorite local hikes. Generally not as well traveled as others so can be peaceful. Great for cross country skiing if and when we get snow.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Good

Monday, August 04, 2014

This park has a network of five different trails: four loops and one out-and-back. None of the trails are well marked, and the many offshoots and miscellaneous other trails that crisscross the main trails make these even harder to follow and maintain your intended path. I would not recommend these trails for anyone who knows what a good trail looks like.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I hike with my two year old and husband... so hiking is always even more of an adventure. This path is easy... my two year old walked the first 1.5 miles of this hike and my husband carried her the last 1.5 miles. I recommend starting at the top of the yellow trail by the old barn and taking yellow to brown then back to yellow to extend the hike to three miles. It isn't the most scenic hike but its still beautiful. We have managed to see deer both times we have hiked this trail. We have also taken our jogging stroller. With two people its very easy to do only a few steps to carry it up on the path.

recorded Track - Jun 24, 01:48 PM