Grant Park Trail

Grant Park Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dayton, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It is rocky in spots but is mostly a dirt trail. There is a bit of up-and-down terrain and one creek crossing that may be impassible after heavy rain. Trail markers are sparse, so you have to be aware of where you are. Unmarked trails and utility roads make it easy to get off the correct trail. You should be following the yellow trail markers.

There are a few difficult hills but a majority of the trails are easy to run--- I would not run the hills because there are plenty of large roots. This was my first visit and there are tons of little trails that branch off the main trails! It's a beautiful park where you can enjoys the valleys and sloping scenery!

Very nice, quick, local trail. Has some beautiful deep woods areas and some small river features. The trail markings can be a tad confusing at times, but nothing a weekend hike warrior can't handle. A few interesting architectural features along the way too.

My husband and I had a great time on this hike. We saw two deer sitting in the brush as we were crossing the bridge. Trail markers are a little confusing but we managed to find our way back. The old stone chimneys were neat to photograph and the shells near the creek were great to see.

Great place to see deer and explore

Monday, August 29, 2016

Scenic creekside trail.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Giselle, my 2 year old and I had a great time hiking over to the creek where she threw rocks in!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I love this trail. The out and back trail is perfect for a short visit with Mother Nature and there are plenty of things to marvel at.

I always eat my lunch at the river about half way through the barn trail. The entrance can get a little muddy and mosquito-y but once you get into the thick of the woods, you won't be disappointed.

Really looking forward to having time to hike all the bigger loop trails sometime soon.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

This is my favorite trail for trail running, great for hiking too. There are markers and maps throughout the trail system.

Monday, October 12, 2015