Gorman Nature Center is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mansfield, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length1.5 miElevation gain124 ftRoute typeLoop
Dogs on leashkid friendlyHikingNature tripsWalkingBird watchingViewswild-flowersWildlife
Description
Waypoints (0)

Users have reported that the northern trail by the covered bridge is closed due to swap land taking over.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (56)
Photos (49)
Recordings (42)
Completed (82)
Mason Wicker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 27, 2021
Hiking

the portion I did was the red trail. The trails were a little slick with melting snow. standing and running water over the pathways. conditions to be expected during late winter. Over-all, not bad!

View Mason 's Recording
Alicia Gobble
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 20, 2021
Snow

Not great with all this snow but a must when weather is better. Easy to get on wrong trails. Very easy to get if f trail. Some parts are covered by snow. Use map to make sure you stay in course!!

Justin Cannon
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 18, 2021
HikingGreat!

bridges, boardwalks, cool hike! beautiful snowy walk.

Stacy Moore
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 17, 2021
Hiking

Not marked very well. Lots of bridges washed out so have to skirt around.

View Stacy's Recording
Tera Zorn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 9, 2021
View Tera 's Recording
John and Lola Smith
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 19, 2020
View John and Lola's Recording
Tom OT
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarNovember 29, 2020
View Tom's Recording
Casey Orton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 9, 2020
View Casey's Recording
Mark Pierce
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 8, 2020
Hiking

A surprisingly pleasant little hike. Beautiful. Scenic. If you’re nearby and have less than an hour to get out to nature, you’ll not find better than this.

View Mark's Recording
Brie Cortelletti
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 7, 2020

Somehow I get lost all the time here even though I’ve been a lot but I’m not complaining about that. Just mediocre, kind of like cold queso, you’ll go back for more but really would prefer queso on the warmer side

Luke Kiger
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 31, 2020
Nature tripsGreat!
Jen Solitro
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 26, 2020
HikingBridge outBugsOff trail
View Jen's Recording
Eric Hoagland
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 6, 2020
HikingBridge out
View Eric's Recording
Jessica Watson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 28, 2020
WalkingBridge outMuddy

Have always loved coming down here to walk, but this was my first visit this year. was really disappointed to see the damage to the observation tower and a few of the bridges. still a lovely place overall, just watch your step as it does get muddy very easily.

Dominick Snavely
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 20, 2020
HikingBridge out

Decent Trail not long in length but beautiful scenery. When I went lots of trails were closed tho but a nice loop with plenty of room.

Jacob Bible
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 16, 2020

Great time, trails are not marked perfect but we made it. We track our hikes and we double back alot. We wandered down game trails alot, then doubled back once we got stuck. We also walked into someone property a few times. We both like to explore, so it wasn't a bad thing for us. We just had a tornado rip through the area so we are giving this place a second chance. Will hit it again when everything is "open" and it's dryer outside. Go explore and give it a shot. The covered bridge was nice for some photos.

beth anne jones
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 4, 2020

we notice a blue and yellow trail but only the red is on this map. Our family loves this place.

Julia Jungeberg
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 8, 2020

Gorman is close to us so we take advantage of these hiking trails often. Has all the nice features of a great hike: streams, bridges, small covered bridge, pine tree sections, wooden steps, tall wooden overlook (older but still a nice feature to climb up to see the scenery) and a pond with a short boardwalk over it. The northern trail by the covered bridge has been closed for a while due to swap land taking over, but you can bypass it pretty easily. I do wish they could fix some of their bridges...I think erosion has played a part in a couple bridge closures. Many small trails for a short hike or can combine for a longer hike. We usually hike around 2ish miles. There is a small nature center. Nice little place tucked away in town.

Cameron Martin
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarOctober 22, 2019
HikingOff trailScramble
View Cameron's Recording
Andy Beaire
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 18, 2019
Hiking

If your just looking for a relaxed leisurely walk in the woods, this is for you! Somehow I got off the path and found myself sorta lost for a minute. The trees are marked by color code to tell you what trail your on, but easily changes colors to a different trail if you take the wrong turn! A few parts of the trail took me up to someone’s back yard?

Rod & Jhona Kopina
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 11, 2019
Hiking

I did the most outer trail and AllTrails kept telling me I was off course. I know I wasn’t because I’m only about 10 minutes from this trail and I hike it all the time. Other then that I’ve always liked this trail because I can always get a quick hike in. I went around twice just to get a bit of mileage.

View Rod & Jhona's Recording
Kayla Sutherland
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 28, 2019
Hiking

There were a couple trails that led you into private property and there wasn’t much to guide you in the right direction. Some of the trails were overgrown as well. Some of the trails that had signs slowly became hard to find which way the trail led so it was hard to tell if we were on a trail or just walking in the woods. It was a decent hike but I don’t see myself returning.

View Kayla's Recording
Elliot Gilfix
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 16, 2019
Hiking

This trail can get very overcrowded on warm days. It really ruins the experience. The park is not big enough to sufficiently allow walkers to separate out. Trails can be poorly maintained here and there are some muddy areas where boardwalks would be useful.

Karen Snyder
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 20, 2019
HikingMuddy
View Karen's Recording
Elliot Gilfix
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 30, 2018

Very easy flat trail. Some nice spots to stop along the way, including a covered bridge, some nice views of wildflowers, a small lookout tower, and a boardwalk over a swamp filled with frogs.

Brandon Rhodes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 10, 2018

Easy trail but nice.