Gorge Trail

Gorge Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Gorge Trail provides access to Mary Campbell Cave, an easy half-mile walk from the parking lot. At the start of the trail, a short (half-mile, round trip) section earns accessible status and is good for users with wheelchairs, walkers, canes and strollers. The trail quickly becomes more rugged as it passes through stunning rock-ledge formations. An upper section of the trail is even considered "primitive".

Beautiful hike, but some parts smell of the sewer and be prepared to encounter a lot of people, sometimes smoking along the way.

Beautiful area that you wouldn't expect to have near downtown Akron. The trail is always busy but is mostly flat with the exception of some stairs you can choose to walk or bypass. I would rate it easy but worth the trip. There are lots of other trails in the same area so it's good for distance.

Beautiful park. Worth the trip Lots of rock formations and the river was raging the day we went which was quite impressive. Would be total 5 starts except for the sewer and sewer smell that accompanies them. But hey that’s life. We will be back.

Waterfalls was running high. Beautiful!

This is a beautiful trail. My son (8) and I always choose the Gorge because it is definitely one of the prettiest hiking areas near us. We started going when my son was only 5, and he could keep up and handle it then. It definitely is a little tricky in some spots tho. The rock formations are amazing. You have to walk through two rocks that are split apart and that’s really cool for a kid (and me) to do. There is a huge rock that sticks out over the walking path and you are able to go underneath it and there are teeny tiny waterfalls that you can see coming off that rock in the warmer weather. It definitely worth taking a look at it!!! A lot of great pictures and memories were made there

Second review. 12/3/17. 45 and sunny. Hike with Fred, Gayle,Allan. Started at Glen hill top, parked at vfw. Took that across rd to lower trail Gorge trail by falls, up stairs, to upper trail for
Return -total trip 3:7 miles. Ignores closed signs and had to be very careful on some rocks where trail is gone. Wouldn’t recommend on icy or snowy days until repaired.

I really enjoyed this trail. We did the difficult section and it was not terribly difficult compared to some of the other hiking that we have done, but it was a little bit of a challenge and truly the best part of the trail.

I loved the primative section!

Convenient if you live in the Akron area. Better in general than some of the other parks.

We took the harder/more rugged trail that begins after you cross the rocks in front of the waterfall and really enjoyed it! Nice scenery and we enjoyed the more difficult parts where we were climbing over the rocks. The surrounding park was pretty busy but the second half of the trail was fairly empty.

My son and I love to go here. Sometimes we take our dog. We have never had a bad experience. They are currently rebuilding walkways due to storms and erosion. They stay on top of it. Always a great time!

Awesome trail!

Love the Trail when you walk to the end from the parking lot then have to cross over big rocks to get to the rest of the trail! It adds a touch to just the normal foot path!

Rugged Trail.

Great trail. Smells like sewage everywhere. Ended hike quickly due to smell.

We walked the Glen Trail. Scenic and not too steep. Several places were pretty wet and slippery. Loved the trail though.

I love this one! It is easy to get to, but still woodsy and fun to explore!

Much of the trail smelled like sewage. Scenery was pretty though.

Good memories with my wife and my son. I will always love and appreciate this place.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Was a 60 degree day in February so extremely busy.Trail was very nice though. Will be coming back.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

A fun somewhat rugged trail. My dogs loves climbing the rocky portions of the trail.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Pretty nice walk for urban Akron. Heavily trafficked, but worth the visit if it's convenient.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

very cool canyon like trenches

Monday, October 10, 2016

Lives up to the difficulty rating. Very nice view points. Taking the hard path is adventurous. Liked it and will be back.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Took hard gorge trail. Needed more trail markers. Hard for dog because of rocks. Lost trail at one point.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Always crowded.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

a personal fave

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I am originally from Akron, OH - I grew up walking the Gorge. I like this trail - easy hiking through the woods, cool man-made waterfall, views of the Cuyahoga River, The Mary Campbell Cave - beautiful in the fall.

Good memories, nice trail!

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Lovely! I had a great time. Can't wait to see it in the fall. A great little loop with some moderate terrain and beautiful views. Not too crowded on a summer weeknight. A few muddy spots have planks installed. Definitely worth visiting.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Beautiful hike. Hiked the more difficult trail. Would definitely need a little hiking experience to hike the more difficult trail.