Gorge Trail

Gorge Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Gorge Trail provides access to Mary Campbell Cave, an easy half-mile walk from the parking lot. At the start of the trail, a short (half-mile, round trip) section earns accessible status and is good for users with wheelchairs, walkers, canes and strollers. The trail quickly becomes more rugged as it passes through stunning rock-ledge formations. An upper section of the trail is even considered "primitive".

Second review. 12/3/17. 45 and sunny. Hike with Fred, Gayle,Allan. Started at Glen hill top, parked at vfw. Took that across rd to lower trail Gorge trail by falls, up stairs, to upper trail for
Return -total trip 3:7 miles. Ignores closed signs and had to be very careful on some rocks where trail is gone. Wouldn’t recommend on icy or snowy days until repaired.

I really enjoyed this trail. We did the difficult section and it was not terribly difficult compared to some of the other hiking that we have done, but it was a little bit of a challenge and truly the best part of the trail.

I loved the primative section!

Convenient if you live in the Akron area. Better in general than some of the other parks.

We took the harder/more rugged trail that begins after you cross the rocks in front of the waterfall and really enjoyed it! Nice scenery and we enjoyed the more difficult parts where we were climbing over the rocks. The surrounding park was pretty busy but the second half of the trail was fairly empty.

My son and I love to go here. Sometimes we take our dog. We have never had a bad experience. They are currently rebuilding walkways due to storms and erosion. They stay on top of it. Always a great time!

Awesome trail!

Love the Trail when you walk to the end from the parking lot then have to cross over big rocks to get to the rest of the trail! It adds a touch to just the normal foot path!

Rugged Trail.

Great trail. Smells like sewage everywhere. Ended hike quickly due to smell.

We walked the Glen Trail. Scenic and not too steep. Several places were pretty wet and slippery. Loved the trail though.

I love this one! It is easy to get to, but still woodsy and fun to explore!

Much of the trail smelled like sewage. Scenery was pretty though.

Good memories with my wife and my son. I will always love and appreciate this place.

Was a 60 degree day in February so extremely busy.Trail was very nice though. Will be coming back.

A fun somewhat rugged trail. My dogs loves climbing the rocky portions of the trail.

Pretty nice walk for urban Akron. Heavily trafficked, but worth the visit if it's convenient.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

very cool canyon like trenches

Monday, October 10, 2016

Lives up to the difficulty rating. Very nice view points. Taking the hard path is adventurous. Liked it and will be back.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Took hard gorge trail. Needed more trail markers. Hard for dog because of rocks. Lost trail at one point.