Glen Helen Multi-Trail Loop

Glen Helen Multi-Trail Loop is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yellow Springs, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This place is absolutely beautiful and very well taken care of in my opinion. The trails were not hard to walk at all, and the terrain was not bad. There was a few climbs based on the trail, but was well worth it and gave a solid small workout without a lot of challenge. We walked to Pine Tree Forrest and it was absolutely beautiful. The forest area was not as popular as the other areas. Toward the entrance there was a lot of visitors but it everybody that we came into contact with was very friendly and respectful and always happy to offer advice on where to go and what to see. Like the others, I agree that the trails can be confusing due to very limited markings. You may notice a colored arrow here and there. MAKE SURE TO TAKE A MAP! There was a few places that we would have missed had we not had our maps. The spring and small waterfalls were beautiful. If this place had markers it would be perfect. Thats the only thing that I would change. If you keep your map with you and use common sense then you will be fine. I recommend you going earlier the day and take your time. We paid $5 for parking and we was happy to pay to see that it went to the reserve. Afterwards we walked through the small college town and I everybody was very friendly. It has a hipster- new age religion, dark arts kinda town. People were still courteous, just like everywhere else we had gone. In the town of Yellow Spring there are dark art book stores and tarot readings, art, a few coffee shops, that kinda thing so we didn't hang around the town, instead we checked out nearby areas and was happy with that. But nonetheless, it was a fun visit to the whole general area. The park is an A+++ Park, the staff was amazing and it was super clean.

Great network of trails. Trails were unmarked making it difficult to stay on one loop for the entire hike. Still plenty to see no matter which trail you end up on. Negatives: Very crowded. Not enough parking.

Nice trails.

It was a great hike. Very peaceful. Despite there being a large crowd in the area for the street fair in Yellow Springs, I was alone on my hike the majority of the time.

this was a beautiful trail to walk! Just remember to bring cash for parking in the lot- there is a box there for collection.

Beautiful trail, very peaceful! Trails are not marked very well, but this trail app really helped!

This trail might be great if it was marked at all! NOTHING to indicate you are on the right trail. Awful.

Definitely my go-to trail but you can get lost if not familiar.

fairly easy trail, not all paths are marked well but enough of them you find your way back to correct trail soon enough.

Great trail. Definitely need a map and/or GPS to stay on the trail. The trails are very nice, but not labeled. Without GPS, would have had a difficult time staying on course.

Neat trail lots of small waterfalls and big boulders some you can climb.

I love this place grew up coming hear and now my kids enjoy it

Beautiful hike. The Clifton Gorge bridge was open but the James Bryan bridge was closed. Trails were muddy but not too bad.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Had a great hike. We got a little turned around. Had to back track a couple times when trekking back to the lot. The trails are NOT marked in any way and go off in every direction, so you really need to pay attention to your surroundings. It is $5 to park. There are many waterfalls and the river was up and there was rushing water over the rocks and the sound followed you everywhere. It was really nice. Heavy trafficked area near the beginning at the first two waterfalls and the first 2 miles. After that we found a back trail that was quiet and we were all alone. Loved the day. We ran across the Raptors Roost and saw many wild birds, owls (many species), bald eagles and turkey vultures just to name a few. All had been saved from the wild due to sickness or injury. We just stumbled upon it trekking around the unmarked trails. Great place to hike. We did 6 miles that day. Some of it due to back tracking to find the parking lot again. Pay attention. Worth going!!!

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Decent trail but poorly marked. Great rock formations and a few nice small waterfalls. Very busy but it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon, once off the main trail the crowd decreased dramatically. Will probably not return for the trail but the town it's located in is a great place to visit.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Pretty good trails however there are quite a few trees down over the trails further back in the park. From the parking lot that is $5 to park you go to the right of the park office and down the stairs to get to the trails. There are lots of intersecting trails however none of them are marked. Make sure you have a map and refer to it often. This is also low mileage even combining many trails.

Friday, March 10, 2017

This was my first hike in 20+ years and it was great. I thought it would be a fairly easy walk and it was. I got a little nervous in the beginning, as there were quite a few sets of handmade stairs, but it was manageable. The beginning of the trail was quite crowded with young people, as it was a rare 60 degree February day. But the further we walked, the less people we saw until we were eventually pretty much by ourselves. I liked going off the main trails and exploring. We ended up in a bog and large field. Also went through the Raptor Center. The entire hike was enjoyable.
Note: it's $5 to park which I was not expecting. Also, the trails and paths aren't labeled so it was quite confusing to me. My friend could figure it out, thankfully so we never got lost. I'd go back for sure.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Trails aren't labeled so unless your gps is rocking and you want to stare at your phone the whole time, good luck. 5$ to park, wish that was listed before arrival. All in all, it was an ok trail for an afternoon walk.

Friday, February 24, 2017

I believe this is the same trail as the Clifton gorge, we loved it had a full day of hiking and enjoyed all the beauty. Definitely will be back again.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

It's a gorgeous gorge!

Friday, January 27, 2017

Beautiful! I went in the evening there weren't a ton of people on the trail it was quiet and lovely! Lots to see :) could be marked better but easy enough to figure out

Friday, January 06, 2017

Awesome trails! I wish people would respect them more. Every single time I go I see people going off trail just to get a better picture, especially with the falls.

Monday, January 02, 2017

Glen Helen is one of my favorite places to go hiking, along with neighboring trails in John Bryan State Park. You will see some waterfalls, rock formations, a pine tree forest and creeks. My only complaint is that the trails are not marked. Take a map of the trails along with you if you don't hike these much.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

nice trails, need better markings.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Beautiful views, but the trails are poorly marked.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Have hiked this trail too many times to count over the years. Great place to take the kids. A bit crowded on the weekends.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Nice moderate trail that can be made into a longer hike. A few nice spots to enjoy some natural views. If looking for a quiet hike this is not the place to go on weekends, spring, or summer time.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Moderate level hiking trails with wonderful views. There are some small waterfalls. There were a lot of people, though.

Monday, August 29, 2016

My 6 and 7-year-old love walking this trial with me. We frequent this trail often because the kids love the uniqueness of the trial and the waterfall! Plus there is a access to the creek bed and they love standing on the rocks looking for little fish.