French Park

French Park is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cincinnati, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail to hike when it’s got since much of the trail is shaded. A few elevation changes added interest but not too challenging.

I love this park and know it pretty well. Some of the trails aren't marked very well but it's not an easy park to get lost in.

Trails are poorly marked once you’re on them. Lots of side trails and you don’t know which one to take. Evidently there are trails A-E. I started on E and somehow finished on A without one sign in between the start and finish! I also hiked D which was very enjoyable...saw 3 deer. It was actually marked pretty well. Depending on which trail you take, you could do some pretty serious hills that seem to never end!!

I loved hiking here, it was definitely really muddy, but the trails are well marked and we only ran into a few other people. Great to have options for hiking while not having to drive too far! Not super challenging in terms of elevation, but still super fun!

Love this trail. Great in all seasons. Can get really wet though.

Enjoyed Winter hike
Cures Cabin Fever{*_*}

I enjoyed the trail. I should have printed a map before going. I parked in the lower lot and didn’t see a map there. There were quite a few trail intersections and I wasn’t sure which trail to take.

Beautiful easy hike with very cool houses along the way.

Loved walking this trail, but I had trouble figuring out what trail we were on once we got in there. We wanted to do the loop but ended up on the creek trail instead. We had to walk back to our car on the road to the parking lot.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Trail D is a good one, options for following a couple other trails along the way. Pretty clear, well marked. I went to the left when starting. Not too busy at 9am on Saturday. Started running into people towards the end, everyone was friendly. Quite a few dogs, most I saw on the trail were off leash. Trail C is off D, steeper and rougher than D. A few bridges along the way. Quite a few smaller offshoots but I tried to stay on the main trail. Dumps out by the creek, which is Trail A. Went to the right and followed A back out, ended up around the corner from where I started. I think A eventually links up with B. Overall, decent hike for a beginner like me. Trail C is not clearly marked and I'll probably avoid that one.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Great hike when it's super hot. Lots of access to the Creek.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Nothing too exciting here for an experienced hiker. The east side of the park is overrun by invasive honeysuckle. The middle part of the park has a tall tree canopy and a stream bed that you can walk on. Great if you live in the area, but not worth driving from far away.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Good trail well marked. convenient location with a lot of elevation changes. Picnic facilities available.