Flat Fork Ridge Trail

Flat Fork Ridge Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waynesville, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike with views of Caesar Creek Lake, Flat Fork Creek and Falls, woodlands, ravines, and the Pioneer Village. There are times especially in the spring and early summer when Flat Fork Creek is high due to heavier rains and is difficult or even impossible (dangerous) to cross. Flat Fork Creek is about half way between the Flat Fork Ridge parking/picnic area and the Pioneer Village. Even if you cannot cross the creek this hike is still worth the time as the waterfall on Flat Fork Creek is always nice to see.

One of my favorites! many up and down hills, includes swinging bridge

Great trail

Very Nice Trail
Enjoyed Horseshoe Waterfall
Winter Hike cures Cabin Fever ;-)

Beautiful, but coldest day of the year so far: 31 degrees to start. So a bit wet after 11 am. Wear waterproof boots! Wooden bridges over most wet spots and a cool wooden/rope bridge I had to coax my dog over. Brisk air and lovely views of ravines, the creek and the lake. Total of 6.1 miles out and back to the parking lot on the south side of the dam.

Loved it! Very interesting trails with beautiful views!

I love this place it's beautiful

Did 3 miles with my 5 year old. Can't wait to go back

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Nice winter hike

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Nice hike

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

one of my favorite places to hike

Monday, November 07, 2016

Pretty nice easy trail very pretty

Saturday, July 16, 2016

great for someone who just wants to walk in the meadow. the over all raring was moderate but I would have said easy.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

it's very peacful place

Monday, May 30, 2016

The route shown is not the waterfall route. It is a loop through a field.

Friday, May 20, 2016

awesome lol

Friday, May 20, 2016

I simply love it here trails are well maintained and lots of picnic tables and bbq areas lol

Friday, October 16, 2015

This is a well maintained trail. I hiked from the Flat Fork Ridge parking lot to the Horseshoe Falls trail then both the Cove and Peninsula loops before returning. The fall colors are incredible, especially near the lake. My dog Pepper also enjoyed the trail and occasional opportunities to take a swim.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Delightful! This was such a great, peaceful hike and by far one of my favorites in the greater Cincinnati area. I live near downtown and this was a wonderful escape into nature.

We hiked from the picnic area to the pioneer village and back, a total of only about 5 miles according to my gps, in just over 2 hours. We stopped at the falls for a snack and stopped several places along the way to marvel at some of the sights.

This is an easy and overall great hike and it's a perfect length for a quick morning/afternoon hike. I would definitely recommend.

Friday, August 21, 2015

Nice, relaxing run

Friday, July 17, 2015

Easy trail, nice and peaceful. There are little side trails that you can take to find a nice scenic view, most of those are steep declines/inclines. But a nice little day hike trail. I recommend.

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Gorgeous but I think I got lost. The way I went was only about two miles :(

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Great trail, the falls are small but beautiful!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Very fun trail. The pioneer village is really cool. Not too hard, though there are some muddy parts. I would recommend hiking sandels for this trail.

Monday, March 10, 2014

We hiked this trail to the falls and back as it was very slick and muddy so total length was only about 3 miles. The trail was very well marked and about 2 people wide most of the way. To the falls and back is pretty easy as it's 90% flat and there are plenty of ordovician fossils to be found along the way.

Monday, August 26, 2013

The trail was pretty, but MAJOR bushwhacking needed. We actually took a large Jogging stroller on the trail and it held up pretty well. With that said we won't be taking on this trail again until my daughter can walk the entire trail her self. :) I also wouldn't recommend anyone else taking a stroller of any kind on this trail. My daughter is 2.5 and is use to long hikes on bump trails but she insisted on walking some of it because it was a little too bumpy. Best of luck and take a camera I got some great shots of a storm coming in at this park.

Friday, June 21, 2013

This hike has a lot of interesting rock formations and waterfalls that are very unique. It is not a super challenging hike but it is definitely worth going. A big problem I have with this trail though is that it is not at all maintained. I had to virtually crawl through portions of it and still came out all scratched up. But for the dedicated hiker it should not pose too many problems.

Saturday, March 03, 2012

My wife and I have hiked this trail many times and in all seasons of the year. There are often times in the spring and early summer when Flat Fork Creek is impossible to cross due to high water from heavy rains. (Some guides may say there is a suspension bridge over the creek but this has been gone for several years now). The hike is still worth it even if you cannot cross the creek, about half the total distance, though. The waterfall on Flat Fork Creek is nice to view from creek level as well as from the cliff above the creek on the Flat Fork Ridge side. This is just one of many great hikes at Caesar Creek State Park!!!

Monday, February 06, 2012

Great hike. Took our dog and he had a blast. Little muddy but not bad. Beautiful trail and lake.

Friday, January 13, 2012

A section of the much larger Caesar Creek State Park Perimeter Loop Trail (13.5 mi) and includes the Pioneer Village which is always worth a peek... many special events are planned at the village year round so I would check their schedule and coincide if possible:)