Flat Fork Ridge Trail

Flat Fork Ridge Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waynesville, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike with views of Caesar Creek Lake, Flat Fork Creek and Falls, woodlands, ravines, and the Pioneer Village. There are times especially in the spring and early summer when Flat Fork Creek is high due to heavier rains and is difficult or even impossible (dangerous) to cross. Flat Fork Creek is about half way between the Flat Fork Ridge parking/picnic area and the Pioneer Village. That said we have hiked this trail during all times of the year. Evem if you cannot cross the creek this hike is still worth the time as the waterfall on Flat Fork Creek is always nice to see.

Nice winter hike

Nice hike

one of my favorite places to hike

Pretty nice easy trail very pretty

great for someone who just wants to walk in the meadow. the over all raring was moderate but I would have said easy.

it's very peacful place

The route shown is not the waterfall route. It is a loop through a field.

Friday, May 20, 2016

awesome lol

Friday, May 20, 2016

I simply love it here trails are well maintained and lots of picnic tables and bbq areas lol

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Friday, October 16, 2015

This is a well maintained trail. I hiked from the Flat Fork Ridge parking lot to the Horseshoe Falls trail then both the Cove and Peninsula loops before returning. The fall colors are incredible, especially near the lake. My dog Pepper also enjoyed the trail and occasional opportunities to take a swim.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Delightful! This was such a great, peaceful hike and by far one of my favorites in the greater Cincinnati area. I live near downtown and this was a wonderful escape into nature.

We hiked from the picnic area to the pioneer village and back, a total of only about 5 miles according to my gps, in just over 2 hours. We stopped at the falls for a snack and stopped several places along the way to marvel at some of the sights.

This is an easy and overall great hike and it's a perfect length for a quick morning/afternoon hike. I would definitely recommend.