Englewood MetroPark Green Trail Loop

Englewood MetroPark Green Trail Loop is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Vandalia, Ohio that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 193 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice trail. Quite open. Good for dogs as it is shaded and good directional markers. Can’t get lost even though it’s a large area. Highly recommend!

Love the green trail, great cardio loop!

Beautiful trail, easy to follow markers, a range of different scenery- from waterfalls to jumping frogs, rivers and lakes. I brought my dog and had a great time on the “green” trail.

closed

Beautiful waterfalls, something to see around every corner. Green Trail by the river had deep mud which made the last mile very difficult. After rainy weather take the white trail back to the trailhead.

Nice trail with a few cool waterfalls.

Marked as easy, but I'd consider it moderate, given the rocky footing & some hills. Lovely trek to some pretty falls, and a great way to see a little bit of everything this park has to offer.

Very nice trail well-maintained good runNing trail

nice trails. muddy but that was expected. it had rained the previous night. we did 4.4 miles. could use some benches along the river. will do it again when not muddy!

Really wonderful trail. Did it right after some major flooding in the area so the last 1.5 miles was in ankle deep mud but it was still a blast. Can’t wait to do it again without the mud.

This was our first hike; my wife and I did it with our daughter and daughter in law, and our little boy. We’re barely in bed for the night and are planning our NEXT visit! The scenery is sweet; it’s not even “fall leaves” season. I can’t even imagine the colors and the views when that happens. The only downside? Maybe a couple more benches/rest areas.

my daughter, dogs, and myself love the trails at Englewood Metro park

Nice trail! One hill, good natural setting

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Nice trail for human beans & doggies too.

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Beautiful waterfalls, very scenic. Wasnt a difficult path at all, the trails are very well marked. Will be back!

Friday, July 06, 2018

beautiful!! flat hilly waterfall has a lil bit of everything

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Very pleasant, mostly easy trail to run. Wide path, not very technical besides one short/steep portion. Scenic with waterfalls. I'll definitely be back.

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Easy trail, beautiful views, traveled over 2 hours for this trail and was well worth it! We loved exploring all the trails, beautiful park!

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Nice trail about 200 feet of elevation difference, river, waterfalls and old woods.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Nice trail.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Loved it! Great waterfall views.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Beautiful hike. Part of the hike is very muddy right now but there are plenty of places to keep moving. A lot of dogs take the trails as well and is a nice place to walk your dogs.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

I walk this with my dog all the time. I love it.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

My family and I did this trail, 3 kids (11, 5, 5 ) and really enjoyed it. There are two waterfalls, some good size hills, and the last mile to mile and a half a long the river. We saw a pretty good size black snake which the kids loved and also saw about a 1000 baby frogs, and that's no joke. They were all over the trail.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

I love this trail! Be sure to make the trip after some significant rain (I have been there when the falls were dry). Most of the trail is shaded by trees. Old shoes are good because it can get muddy. If you take the path through the marsh there is a board walkway. Keep an eye out...tons of birds flitting about & I did see a coyote the last time I went (he was more afraid of me & ran off). Most of the trail is level, a few ups & downs, but on the map there is one part that says "steep hill". Trust them... it's steep. But if this 50 y.o., overweight woman can make it so can you! And the view of the falls makes it all worthwhile. My advise is to follow the trail to Martindale Fall. When you're done there stay on the high trail, then through the marsh & you will end up at Patty Falls. Then take the trail that goes under the roadway. This trail is full of great photo ops!

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Would be 5 stars if part of the trail didn't go on a road.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Well-maintained, well-marked, and beautiful! One decent incline/decline which is nice training for more rigorous trails. The path felt remote but is still very accessible, which is ideal. Went on a Friday afternoon and only saw two others besides myself. Only disappointing part is that the trail is completely flooded by the river and attempting to press on would mean soaking your shoes and socks up to the ankle or higher. No big deal though, as you can just take the White trail back out to the trailhead. Love this park!!!