Englewood Metro - Green Trail

Englewood Metro - Green Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Vandalia, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loved it! Great waterfall views.

Beautiful hike. Part of the hike is very muddy right now but there are plenty of places to keep moving. A lot of dogs take the trails as well and is a nice place to walk your dogs.

I walk this with my dog all the time. I love it.

My family and I did this trail, 3 kids (11, 5, 5 ) and really enjoyed it. There are two waterfalls, some good size hills, and the last mile to mile and a half a long the river. We saw a pretty good size black snake which the kids loved and also saw about a 1000 baby frogs, and that's no joke. They were all over the trail.

I love this trail! Be sure to make the trip after some significant rain (I have been there when the falls were dry).
Most of the trail is shaded by trees. Old shoes are good because it can get muddy. If you take the path through the marsh there is a board walkway.
Keep an eye out...tons of birds flitting about & I did see a coyote the last time I went (he was more afraid of me & ran off).
Most of the trail is level, a few ups & downs, but on the map there is one part that says "steep hill". Trust them... it's steep. But if this 50 y.o., overweight woman can make it so can you!
And the view of the falls makes it all worthwhile.
My advise is to follow the trail to Martindale Fall. When you're done there stay on the high trail, then through the marsh & you will end up at Patty Falls. Then take the trail that goes under the roadway.
This trail is full of great photo ops!