East & West Rim Trail

East & West Rim Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near South Bloomingville, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

East Rim Trail is located near South Bloomingville, OH. The trail is primarily used for Hiking.

Challenging uphill at the beginning with lots of stairs depending on which direction you go. We went clockwise, entering the trail from the left, and definitely got our heart rates up. After the steep uphill, the trail is relatively flat with some tricky footing. Some nice views and a good workout.

If you start the loop going counter clockwise, you will get the great overlooks in the first half of the hike (if you turned around at this point and went back, you wouldn't miss any other views but some pretty good wooded scenery). The waterfall can be heard, but it is completely over grown and cannot be seen from the rim trail. This trail is less crowded than others in the area, and does not allow dogs on the trail. Unfortunately, the second half of the trail is VERY close to a fairly busy road, kind of destroying some of the peacefulness of the hike.

Great views from the top. First hike in this section, but won't be the last. Steps part if the way up, with roots and rocks the rest of the way, but not bad!

Absolutely gorgeous trail, 100x better than the Gorge Trail

I loved this trail! I’m definitely not the hiking type and I already wanna go back once the trees start changing color! It will be even more beautiful.

New to hiking and this by far is a must do trail very awesome trail . Awesome views as well !

I am very much a beginner and this hike was amazing. Scary if you have a fear of heights because you're literally walking next to 100-200 ft drop-offs, but the views were breathtaking. A lot of stairs and ups and downs so it was an excellent workout. We will definitely be back!

Views were pretty. BUT at least one quarter of the hike was right at cliffs edge. I mean the edge of the trail was the sheer drop off. Scary. Would definitely not want to do with younger children. For me, couldn't enjoy views as I was too busy focused on my feet.

Great hike! Incredible scenery!

Sunday, January 15, 2017

nice view

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Moderate difficult and some good views.

Monday, August 22, 2016

In my opinion this is the best trail in Logan, Ohio to take! It was absolutely breathtaking!!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

The best trail in Ohio that I've done. Beautiful scenic views.

Monday, July 04, 2016

It was sprinkling when we first started the trail and pouring around midway. We stayed pretty dry thanks to the protection of the trees. There were areas where the rocks were pretty treacherous and possibly dangerous. We used our best judgment. The views were absolutely breathtaking. This was a great ending to a great trip to Hocking Hills!

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

This is probably my favorite hike in all of Hocking Hills so far. Beautiful views. A few things though-- probably not suitable for everyone as there are 200' drops (it's a nature preserve, so no railings) and the trail gets quite narrow at times so you do need to watch your footing. It also can get pretty crowded, though not as much as Old Man's Cave or Cedar Falls.