East & West Rim Trail

East & West Rim Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near South Bloomingville, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

East Rim Trail is located near South Bloomingville, OH. The trail is primarily used for Hiking.

Awesome views. Keep children close at hand. Some parts of the trail lead you right along the cliff edge.

Beautiful from start to finish. The trail is very close to the edge of the cliff at times but oh so worth the fright. It can be strenuous at times due to the steps and incline at the beginning but this levels out and the rest of the hike is relaxing and easy. My favorite part: very few hikers on a Friday.

Love this trail!

Really amazing trail. One of the best in hocking hill area. Beware of sharp cliffs. You can hear the water fall around the rim. Well marked but can be a bit tricky during rain.

This trail is great, and the views are breathtaking....especially during the fall when the foliage is at its peak!

We debated hitting the East and West Rim trail but decided we would push ourselves. This proved to be the best decision we made all day. The trail led us straight up the side of the gorge which was quite demanding. When the trail finally leveled out we were baffled. We had stumbled upon the best trail we hit all day. The trail followed the gorge edge overlooking the rolling hills in the distance and the tops of the massive mature trees in the surrounding area. Mangled roots and slabs of rock lined the trail with awe-inspiring views. What a perfect way to end our hiking for the day.

This was a great trail. We did it in mid-March. The trail is clearly marked and easily accessible. There are some steep edges and drop-offs so no kids. It is an easy hike but with it for the beauty.

My favorite trail in all of Hocking Hills. The views are amazing on the east rim trail. It's a bit of work to get up it, but more than work it. My recommendation is to start on the east and follow the trail counter clockwise. The west side of the rim is okay, but nowhere near as amazing as the east.

One of my favorite trails

Challenging uphill at the beginning with lots of stairs depending on which direction you go. We went clockwise, entering the trail from the left, and definitely got our heart rates up. After the steep uphill, the trail is relatively flat with some tricky footing. Some nice views and a good workout.

If you start the loop going counter clockwise, you will get the great overlooks in the first half of the hike (if you turned around at this point and went back, you wouldn't miss any other views but some pretty good wooded scenery). The waterfall can be heard, but it is completely over grown and cannot be seen from the rim trail. This trail is less crowded than others in the area, and does not allow dogs on the trail. Unfortunately, the second half of the trail is VERY close to a fairly busy road, kind of destroying some of the peacefulness of the hike.

Great views from the top. First hike in this section, but won't be the last. Steps part if the way up, with roots and rocks the rest of the way, but not bad!

Absolutely gorgeous trail, 100x better than the Gorge Trail

I loved this trail! I’m definitely not the hiking type and I already wanna go back once the trees start changing color! It will be even more beautiful.

New to hiking and this by far is a must do trail very awesome trail . Awesome views as well !

I am very much a beginner and this hike was amazing. Scary if you have a fear of heights because you're literally walking next to 100-200 ft drop-offs, but the views were breathtaking. A lot of stairs and ups and downs so it was an excellent workout. We will definitely be back!

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Views were pretty. BUT at least one quarter of the hike was right at cliffs edge. I mean the edge of the trail was the sheer drop off. Scary. Would definitely not want to do with younger children. For me, couldn't enjoy views as I was too busy focused on my feet.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Great hike! Incredible scenery!

Sunday, January 15, 2017

nice view

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Moderate difficult and some good views.

Monday, August 22, 2016

In my opinion this is the best trail in Logan, Ohio to take! It was absolutely breathtaking!!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

The best trail in Ohio that I've done. Beautiful scenic views.

Monday, July 04, 2016

It was sprinkling when we first started the trail and pouring around midway. We stayed pretty dry thanks to the protection of the trees. There were areas where the rocks were pretty treacherous and possibly dangerous. We used our best judgment. The views were absolutely breathtaking. This was a great ending to a great trip to Hocking Hills!

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

This is probably my favorite hike in all of Hocking Hills so far. Beautiful views. A few things though-- probably not suitable for everyone as there are 200' drops (it's a nature preserve, so no railings) and the trail gets quite narrow at times so you do need to watch your footing. It also can get pretty crowded, though not as much as Old Man's Cave or Cedar Falls.