Deer Park Reservoir via Mahoning Valley Trail

Deer Park Reservoir via Mahoning Valley Trail is a 8.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Alliance, Ohio that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I just can't give it 5 stars. For starters, the mosquitoes are INSANE on this trail. I look like I have a pox right now because of all the bites. Also, this trail goes up on the road for a stretch, though I know plans are in the works to get it off the road. And lastly, some jerks whose property backs up against the trail were literally shooting BB guns (at me?) while I walked the trail with my dog. Not cool. On the plus side, there are some scenic parts and nice views of the river/lake.

If you are going to do this trail I recommend bug spray as the mosquitoes are horrendous. Other than that it is a nice trail with plenty of wooded areas and a nice view of the lake.

Nice path to walk, the bridge with the water running underneath is nice. Just sucks it's not very long and dead ends into a road.

Nice little getaway from the city view. Lots of trees and good views.

Noisy. Dead ends behind sewage plant.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Great trail. Around a mile of the trail is along the road but the rest of it follows a small creek. Cons. You're always able to hear traffic, but all in all a very easy and relaxing hike.

Saturday, September 07, 2013

I had a great time walking there. However, I could only go halfway because of construction on a bridge. Will definitely go back to bike there.