Day Hike Trail

Day Hike Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near West Portsmouth, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We opted for the East loop which had some nice single track trail on the far east side, but adds 3 miles or so. There was a map near the trailhead that we took a picture of, since alltrails has the shorter version. The grass was mowed, so no high weeds this time around. There are some small openings that offer some nice views and some deep hollows that would be gorgeous with spring flowers. we'll definitely be doing this one again!

A nice day hiking trail with some nice views. I hike it several times a year. I enjoy Spring and Fall the most.

Trail was a very nice hike. There is actually quite a bit of vertical rise in the trails. I wouldn't take a small child or beginner hiker on this trail just because of the difficulty. There were sections of the hike where you had to wade thru waist high grass so make sure you bring and use bug spray. But overall it was a great hike.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

The map from the government does not correspond well with the actual signs on the earth! No where on their backpacking map does it mention an East Loop. But there are signs about the East Loop along the "Day Hike" trail. Their map also does not show this loop. It appears the signs on the trails are referring this loop as the "West Loop".

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Wonderful hike!! As the poster before me stated, it is 4.2 miles now. Was a good workout, good elevation change 1.5 miles in. Well marked and in nice shape. Not much to see, but if you love being in the woods like me, I'd be on it everyday.

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

They've changed this trail. It's now a 4.2 mile hike. It has a wonderful midway point with a great view.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I'm from this area so I should like this trail more than I do, it's a nice hike kind of challenging if you were a beginner or only do short hikes. The real drawback to this trail is there isn't a whole lot to see with the exception of an overlook that's rather nice. It's totally worth it don't get me wrong, it can be a bit challenging at time because it has a lot of up and down hills. Pro tip-travel light

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Friday, May 09, 2014

Great hike! Took my an 12 and 14 year old and they did fine. They were dead tired at the end but made it. Give it a shot if you want to challenge yourself.