Covered Bridge to Pleasant Hill Dam Trail

Covered Bridge to Pleasant Hill Dam Trail is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Perrysville, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Busy flat easy trail. The dam was nothing to look at ... lots of people fishing for carp along the river too.

A really great trail. Well kept, beautiful scenery. Will do again.

Nice trail. Fairly easy with a few hills

One of my favorite places to go and one of my favorite trails. I've gone so many times I know the trail very well. Added bonus it's only a 40 minute drive for me. Just a warning, there is no cell phone reception.

Beautiful hike, well maintained trail. We did the loop starting toward the falls around to Pleasant Dam and back to the covered bridge, close to 3 miles.

Monday, March 06, 2017

The trail is pretty easy for an average adult. Beautiful scenery but heavily trafficked all year round. Great place for families. The covered bridge is a great area for a picnic or to just relax.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Nice trail but very busy. Waterfall was a dribble at this time of year. Leaves were fantastic.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

really busy

Monday, September 05, 2016

Great trail we opted to take the long route to big Lyons falls. The stairs kicked our butt and the long climb up did as well. Great terrain though gives you rocks roots and flat ground. Beautiful scenery even for being super busy due to Labor Day weekend.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Great trail for a day out with my young son. Well marked and easy to follow.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Clean, short, busy.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Amazing, some parts a little difficult to get to if you have a dog, but I can say my dog and I made it up a steep hill that you had to use hands and feet to climb but it was worth it at the top.

Friday, June 17, 2016

We've been many times, it's beautiful

Sunday, November 22, 2015

One of the best and prettiest in Ohio

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Hiked this with my wife, went to the falls also, about a 5 mile journey. not too hard and was a good time.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

I've hiked this trail twice and found it to be more enjoyable in the fall than the summer, though that was due to recent rainfall which made the flow of water over the Big Lyons Falls more noticeable as well as the autumn foliage. The trail is fairly easy and suitable for families though there are a couple of moderately challenging parts, noticeably the climb up the Pleasant Hill Dam.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Have hiked this trail many times over the years....always a great time. Starting at the bridge and heading north to Pleasant Hill Lake, you can take the smooth and level trail that parallels the east side of the river and enjoy the excellent gorge, .75 miles. Once you reach the dam the fun starts...can't remember exactly how many steps, my guess is probably over 100, that you have to climb to reach the top of the dam for an excellent view of the Lake. Once there, do a 180 degree turn and head back on the West side of the river where the terrain is considerably more challenging and where you will encounter Little Lyons Falls and Big Lyons Falls on your 2 mile return to the Bridge. Depending on the time of year will dictate the amount of water running over the falls. Winter is always exciting........2.0 miles to return to bridge.