Cedar Falls Trail

Cedar Falls Trail is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Ohio that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I was very disappointed in this spot. it was easy to get to and did have the potential to be beautiful but it was EXTREMELY crowded. We did go on a Saturday late morning on a nice day in early summer so that probably didn't help matters much but I got the impression that this was a local swimming hole. I couldn't get nice pictures of the falls or surrounding area because there were too many little kids swimming around and it was not at all relaxing or enjoyable to be there because all of the giddy screaming echoed off the surrounding rock. There was also a substantial amount of litter around, we even walked past one tree with a pile of dirty diapers under it. Also, there is not much parking at this spot. I wouldn't recommend going here unless it is a crappy day or maybe if it is mid-week, early morning before all of the obnoxious kids get there.

Just beautiful! Hiked from Old Mans Cave Parking lot along the upper falls trail to Cedar Falls. Was about 4 miles one way. We got quite a bit of rain today so all the streams and falls were going really good. One of my favorite spots to hike with lots of trails from easy to moderate. Such a great place and so close to home.

Beautiful. Nice waterfall.

Hocking Hills is amazing, so beautiful.

The falls are beautiful. The scenery is just overall amazing!

I got there right before the sun was setting. I hiked down to falls and got some good pictures. Then I wanted to hike down to Old Mans Cave. But I only made it a 1 1/2 mike & then I turned around, it was dark by that time. IT WAS SUPER SCARY,DARK. I’ll be back I really enjoyed the scenery. Especially during fall

Pleasant

Ample parking. Bathrooms at the parking lot. Well marked and easy accessibly trail, very quick hike that would be good for children and beginners. Falls are pretty with several cute walking bridges. SOOOO crowded. Would not go on a weekend again.

Beautiful area with easy access. Very busy weekend, but still worth the visit.

We enjoyed this hike. Most recently we went to Hocking Hills hoping to do a section of the Buckeye Trail, but the human traffic was so overwhelming we ended up doing the Cedar Falls Trail for a second time. The trail is pleasant, but not a lot of frills. Along the way you see small rocky waterfalls, waterways and cliffs, but mostly a tranquil forest.

We took our dogs -- a Boston Terrier and a pointer -- and they got good and worn out in the heat and easy hilly bits. Be aware, there are a couple of metal grated bridges -- our dogs refused to walk across and we had to carry them.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Beautiful scenery and an easy to navigate trail. Great for photos.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Scenic

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Part of the Hocking Trail, this can be taken by itself or connected to other trails. The falls are beautiful and make for a great spot to rest and soak in the views. Tons of fun to be had and not too difficult

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Came here by accident from Old Man's cave, it was busy, but lots of fun! Very beautiful.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Great fun trail to do as a family. Easily hiked by my kids ages one to 11.
Many places to jump in the water, so wear swim suits.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

This is a beautiful spot, in any season. The shorter, more interesting trail up from the falls is closed - like much of the Old Man's Cave trail. Nonetheless, it's an amazing place to visit.