Caesar Creek State Park Perimeter Loop Trail is a 11.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Waynesville, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

beach

bridge out

Had one of my best hiking experiences here. Yesterday was my first time there and I cannot wait to go back. So serene and the trails were definitely moderate which I enjoy. I only did 6 miles but it was great! I highly recommend this place for some great spiritual hiking.

My son and I thoroughly enjoyed this hike. The trail was well maintained, and we enjoyed the scenery- lake, 2 waterfalls, limestone cliffs, a beautiful visitor’s center and the pioneer village. We encountered just a few hikers/runners, and most of the trail was away from road noise. The hills were moderate and the trail was easy to navigate. We decided we would like to do this loop again in the spring and enjoy the wild flowers.

Absolutely fantastic scenery, was continuously surprised all the way around. At times you are right up next to the water, and other times in the thick of the woods. The eastern half felt more remote. Can link up this route with the George Loop trail to avoid some of the road travel. Very well maintained route - quite possibly the best day hike in Ohio.

Nice hike. I stretched it out to 15.9 with a couple of the side trails thrown in. Will definitely do it again possibly take the Buckeye Trail further north from the bridge to the north end of the lake and back. Lost my Fitbit in the last couple of miles before you get to the bridge on the west side if anyone comes across it:)

This is a long hike (13.4 miles for me) with some short uphill sections. The trial has lots of tree roots so watch your steps.

I was there on a very warm Saturday in mid-September and there were NO bugs the entire 13 miles! This was HUGE plus!

The South part of the lake is much prettier than the north-east side.

There are no functioning drinking fountains at the restrooms so I had to drink from the sinks. That was a negative.

Okay trail. I used it for running and got lost which is probably my own fault but the trails were a bit overgrown and very technical. I would recommend this trail for hiking and enjoying nature rather than running. Very beautiful had I taken the time to enjoy it.

Second time on this stretch of Perimeter Trail, spotted a Bald Eagle, an owl, couple of ground hogs, squirrels and plenty of birds. Another nice hike.

Very pretty, well marked. not a fan of walking across the highway but have to get over the lake somehow

Great park with a lot of amenities

Very nice trail, one of the better ones I've been on. Great views and a couple nice water features. Trail maintainers have done a great job, you can tell they are actively to working to repair the few washed out bridges and blow downs from the flooding this winter/spring. I started at the trail head at the Visitors Center and went south. Next time I will go north 1st and get the hilly section done with fresh legs. The road walking was a little unnerving, but only lasts a short while. Trail was very well blazed, would be tough to get lost.

good trail cliffs, water falls, little bit of road walking, greats views of the lake. trail is more like 12.7 miles. 4-21-18

Just did this trail today was a little muddy due to the high water in flooding. But a great trail. A beautiful trail would recommend it to anyone

Decent overall, but trail could use some maintenance. Also, I went today (March 12, 2018) and two significant portions of the trail were completely underwater.
Two stretches are along roads, one of which is quite busy.
Some nice secluded stretches and a pleasant stroll through Pioneer Village.

Really nice trail. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to do all of it due to all the flooding. I would recommend waiting if it’s been raining a lot during the week or checking the water level before you go. Because, a lot of the trail is right next to the lake.

Sunday, November 05, 2017

Great trail, kinda reminded me of the Burr Oak Backpack Trail but half the distance, lots of views of the lake, a little sketchy hiking along route 73 and on the bridge, the whole trail was challenging yet fun due to the week of on and off rain prior and a layer of leaves which then turned it into a "slip n slide", all in all I enjoyed it and will return

Friday, August 11, 2017

Best hike I've done in Ohio! Challenging in areas, I loved that it got hilly and narrow. However, didn't like that parts of it were on the main road. Make sure to pay attention to signs because it's easy to get off track to other trails at some parts (I recommend taking a phone picture of the trail markers to refer to). Also, according to the maps the trail is actually 13 miles not 11 and takes roughly 5 hours.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Great hike! Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because of the slightly sketchy highway walk.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

It's a good trail maintained pretty well if you do the whole loop bring lunch

Thursday, July 27, 2017

this trail has what all different ohio trails have combined into one trail. it was exhilarating running a quarter mile over the interstate bridge, while it was down pouring. yes it was a torrential down pour for 80% of the hike. I recommend this trail for anyone who really enjoys what secluded hiking is.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Really nice trail. Best in Ohio I've seen, perhaps second behind Hocking Hills. worth a trip

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

great trail, perfect for a 5hr day hikes. very muddy, though

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Nice fun trail. Really good views
But to many side trails That don't line up with the map..

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Lovely views of both the lake and the dam made this a nice longer trail. Well marked trails made it easy to traverse. Only downside was the amount of trail that was on the surrounding roads. Would recommend if you are looking for a 10+ mile trail to knock off the winter rust from your hiking boots.

Monday, February 20, 2017

well marked trail. hiked from visitor center to day lodge and back...about 6 miles. except for a few small sections, most of the trail is easy. most of the trail follows the lake...very scenic

Sunday, December 18, 2016

This is a fun hike that takes about 4 hours at a decent pace. Little under 12 miles for full loop. I would recommend starting at Fifty Spring Campground and going counter clockwise. This will put you near the visitor center just over half way, good place for a break. The 73 bridge crossing is not much fun, lots of traffic and not much room to walk.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

I was so happy to get back to hiking after several days of biking. But they say be careful what you wish for because it may come true. This was a very long day. But beautiful views along the way.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

The lake is gorgeous. The hike is a very long day but very worth every step of it.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

I hiked the perimeter trail about a year ago. My plan was to spend the night along the way, but I ended up hiking the whole trail in one day. It was raining, so I decided just to head home. There are some nice views of the lake, a waterfall and a swinging bridge along the way. There was some road walking at both ends of the lake, which I'm not a fan of. It was a nice hike overall, though.

A video of my trip can by found on my YouTube channel at the link below.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Loved it! This is the Fork Trail and goes on forever but is by far not boring. Starts at a playground, into the woods, out to the open by the water, back into the woods to a small waterfall, and to a swinging bridge. Will go again!