Buckeye Trail - Jaite to Brecksville Station

Buckeye Trail - Jaite to Brecksville Station is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Brecksville, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Cuyahoga Valley National Park 15610 Vaughn Road , Brecksville, OH, 44141-3018 Phone: 216-524-1497 Fax: 440-546-5905 cuva_info@nps.gov

What a great trail to get a workout on. I went South to North and then back on the towpath. There were a lot of up and downs, water crossings, and wild life. It was absolutely beautiful, very few people too. It was quite muddy and I didn't like going through the Brecksville part of it but still a great trail.

A good workout.

only hiked about first half mile or so. a lot of the trail very muddy with some parts leaving trail to walk around standing water. we left because we going late but also because it was so muddy from run off. spring beauties, Colt's foot, and trout lilies are out. beautiful spring day.

The trailhead near Snowville Rd was fairly swampy today - but that's to be expected with recent weather (snow meltage). I really enjoyed this trail. The hills make it fun with great views. Parts of the trail are narrow with lots of tree roots. We only had time to do half of the trail out and back. I'm looking forward to coming back and completing the whole trail.

I got a little lost by the water crossing after coming down the dense pine area. it looked like the trail kept going along the side. other than that, it was wonderfully muddy, icy, steep, quiet, and fun for me and my dog who had to drag me up one of the hills. lol :) if you are with your dog I reccomend an extension leash as it will be easier on you and your dog.

Beautiful and peaceful hike. Mostly single track and very wooded.

Does anyone know how to get to Bedford Reservation from the Brecksville Station area via horseback?
Thank you!
Tammy

This is a great, challenging trail. There are very frequent elevation changes and different terrain. We really enjoyed hiking here and will be back in the fall to complete the entire trail. This is definitely rough with 88 deg. temp. and 70% humidity!

Monday, June 12, 2017

Tough trail but quiet and beautiful! Well marked, a little muddy and the bugs were a little bothersome, but youll get that anywhere. Theres a good mix of wooded areas and grasslands. The wildlife was also pretty active. Many chipmunks, birds, squirrels and I even saw a wild turkey. Coyotes do live in the area so be wary if youre taking your dog.

Wear as much coverage for sure. The grasslands grow over onto the trail and I made the mistake of wearing shorts and a tanktop.

Overall, a quiet, lovely trail. Would definitely do it again!

Friday, June 09, 2017

We hiked about half of this before we had to find out way out (time constraints, we had already hiked 10 miles by the time we got here). We plan on going back next week to do the entire stretch. I would take a hiking stick to get through some of the dicier parts (a wood bridge whose slats are breaking, etc). We ended up using branches which were heavy an awkward. Our aluminum sticks would have been a better bet.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

We hiked from the north end this time - definitely not as muddy as the south end which we hiked a month ago. The north end is not as pretty as the south end however. There has been a change in the trail as of May 18, 2017 in the middle section - see photos and recording. It is a very pretty section.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Muddy muddy muddy. The trail is in disrepair. Several detours and I had to bushwack at one point

Monday, May 08, 2017

Very muddy but this was expected. Gets difficult to follow when you come out by the small stream after walking on the overgrown concrete path, just be sure so stay along the stream following the blue taped trees. Loved the hike. Took about 4.5 hours in steady rain with lots of mud and water.

Monday, April 24, 2017

the hiking was awesome but as noted by someone else there was a lot of mud. Hopefully that changes in a few weeks;) also we met very few people en route so that was a plus. If it hadn't been so muddy this trail would get five stars from me...

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

75% of this trail is nearly ankle deep mud so be prepared for that. Increased the difficulty but it was still a great hike.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

This is a nice section of the BT, very few road crossings so you can get some solitude. Good for trail running as well. I did it out and back.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Excellent hike. Lots of vertical for NE Ohio. Wear your boots very muddy today for good portion of trail. Finished day with cold beer at Winking Lizard in Pennisula

Monday, October 24, 2016

Plan to go back and do the entire trail. Really liked it a lot.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

awesome

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Fantastic and challenging trail. Some of the best I've seen in Northeast Ohio. Great elevation challenges and some difficult and rough terrain, but varied. The trail is a narrow footpath most of the way and some sections are overgrown, especially closer to Jaite. This is a great way to get away from the business of some of the park's trails, and it's almost entirely shaded in summer. Add a few miles on the towpath to make this a loop (take the connector trail back from Red Lock to Jaite).