Buckeye Trail: Blue Hen to Jaite

Buckeye Trail: Blue Hen to Jaite is a 7.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Boston, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

How is the muddy hill now? When I went down it in June it was pretty treacherous and I slid. I also had a problem getting up it. It's the hill with a couple of wood stairs at the bottom and a creek. We'd like to do this one again, but, I want to make sure that hill is passable now.

Nice moderate trail with a few decent accents. Nothing too strenuous. Nice views, quiet and once away from the falls area--few to no others on the trail. Nice day hike.

Really nice trail! I usually start at Boston Store and turn around at Jaite.

I agree with the review below that says that the trail averages moderate. There is a nice ridge walk here that is easy breezy, but there are some serious climbs as well.

If you continue past Jaite, the trail can get pretty sloppy and rough with mud.

Challenging and fun! We did this as part of a loop starting at the Boston Mills Visitor Center. We continued from here to Jaite, at which point we walked down Vaughn Rd to the Towpath. Took the Towpath back to the Visitor Center.
We will definitely hike this part again!

Moderate to difficult trail. Not for beginners. Nothing exceptional outside of wooded trails. Definitely challenging. Would like to revisit in the fall to see the foliage.

I like this trail listed as moderate, however I would say it averages moderate. The reason I'd take moderate as the average is because this trail goes from really kicking your butt with elevation change to fairly flat and easy. This trail should be listed as hot and cold! I loved it!

I actually did 2 miles more by exploring the blue blaze off the other side of the extension parking lot. It offered more elevation change and I was looking to achieve a personal record. The extra mile out took me to Brandywine parking lot and I turned around and hiked the mile back for an even 10 miles. Great work-out and everything is marked very well.

Great trail! 5 or 6 nice inclines.. Well maintained.. Not a lot of scenic views but there is a neat creek near the beginning to check out. Will definitely do it again!