Buckeye Trail: Blue Hen to Jaite

Buckeye Trail: Blue Hen to Jaite is a 7.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Boston, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great . Come with water and food ! Up , up , up you go . Be prepared for that !

fun day hike. good amount of inclines. don't underestimate the mud

I'm going with Colin on this one. This is the hardest trail I've done in CVNP and we've done most of them. This trail should be rated Difficult and not Moderate. There are several hills and at one point it seems there is one after the other. One hill was very muddy and difficult to get down (and up coming back). I slid on that one even with hiking boots on. Fortunately, there was a stream at the bottom and I got most of the mud off. Looking forward to doing this one again mid-summer.

In my opinion this is the hardest section of the BT in the CVNP. I have done this section a few times because I like the challenge and it a good workout if you make it one. Some of the climbs are pretty steep and relatively frequent. I would say that this be rated hard because this should not be in the same category as other moderate rated trails in the area that is for sure. Love the challenge of it though. I have done harder trails elsewhere but this one is one of the harder in north east Ohio.

This was a great trail, but with the stream very high and flowing fast today, we weren't able to cross and only made it a mile and a half before having to turn around. Will definitely come back again.

Parked a car at both trail heads and hiked from Jaite to Blue Hen in about 2 hours. Come close to the freeway at one point and must cross one road, otherwise felt removed. A decent variety of views and terrain; well worn path is easy to follow. Recommend waterproof boots for the rainier months and for crossing a small stream.