Brandywine Gorge Trail

Brandywine Gorge Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Northfield, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

This trail was easy, has some stairs and elevation changes. We took the dog and he enjoyed it. The surroundings were all pretty and the waterfall was beautiful with all the ice in the winter.

Easy shaded trail on the boardwalk. Kids loved looking at the rocks. The falls were beautiful.

Easy trail to get out and experience nature. There were lots of folks with their kids on the trail. Lots of people also with dogs. To reach the Brandywine Falls is accessible by wooden walkway which is an easy way to get a great photo of the falls!
I enjoyed it for a 1.5! mile brisk walk with my dogs on a late November day! November 25, 2017

I really enjoyed this trail .It’s short and sweet easy to navigate and was a great autumn hike. The waterfall is awesome and such great views ! If you’re a bigger guy like me this trail does offer some challenges. The terrain is manageable but rocky and luckily it was dry otherwise mud would have been a factor. There are some pretty decent inclines. They are gradual but I did have to take my time. The loop trail does have benches and stones big enough to take a breather.

Made for a very pleasant day..plenty of places you'll want to stop and enjoy along the way.

I believe I went off trail to get up close to the falls but it was a BEAUTIFUL site.

Great pit stop on the way home back from Harpers Ferry

Great trail

Brandywine Gorge trail was not at all Hard. The only hard part about it was going up the rocky hill. My 3 year old son made it NO PROBLEM. Beautiful waterfall and park all around. Only down fall was, That It was not Fall time when I went. I will be going back come November .

Fantastic first hike with my teenagers!

Great view

Short hike around the gorge. Slightly strenuous uphill towards the end, but manageable.

Kids had a blast. We were in and out of the water (this was last summer.) I loved it

Great view of the falls, a must see. The rest of the trails was beautiful, with various little runoff trails. It also has connecting trails. I will definitely do again, just for the falls view. Not to difficult, I would rate it easy.

Easy to hike. I've also, added the Connector trail to the Stanford Trail to make this a longer hike (this part isn't heavy in traffic). This would push the level of difficulty due to the hike's length, but not to moderate.

Great trail for a relaxing time. Only thing to beware of is there are a number of stairs to get down to the falls and back up!

Highly trafficked

Highly trafficked

Moderate? Who is ranking these trails? This is more like easy! It's a gorgeous easy trail that you can take your children on.