Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Brandywine Gorge Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Northfield, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, bird watching, and fishing and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 216 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

historic site

Users have reported that the falls overlook is currently closed. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

Beautiful little trail. It’s a tad muddy currently and I wore Tevas - which I immediately regretted. The trail isn’t necessarily marked so I got turned around a few times - check your map. And note that you can’t see the falls right now with the boardwalk being closed.

The lookout to view the falls was closed, but it was a nice trail anyway. Disappointed we couldn’t see the falls but we were able to get to the water further down.

closed

Brandywine lookout area was closed but the rest of the trail was nice.

Nice trail but boardwalk is closed so you can’t really see the falls right now.

Moderate describes this trail perfectly not too hard not too easy and Brandywine Falls is awesome!!

Great place to hike! We did venture off the path more into the woods and it was beautiful!

Jumped on the boardwalk down to the falls. Really nice waterfall, nothing terribly difficult.

closed

Trail is very nice, but falls overlook was closed, blocking off the highlight of the trip.

Great trail- pretty waterfall. Steps can be slippery when wet.

it was muddy and the pathway to the falls was closed

This is basically the last third of the Standford House to Brandywine Falls Trail. From the parking lot, take the Stanford Trail all the way down (it'll start off as a fine gravel trail and turn into a rough paved trail) before making a right and crossing the river over the bridge. From there you'll go up to the top of the falls and back around to the parking lot. This is not the boardwalk falls walk.

I went here 2 weeks ago and it was packed, NO ONE was social distancing and Now Easter Sunday it was closed by Park Rangers. People ruin nice things

Kids friendly and easy to hike. My son loves the creek but fell into the water, it was funny!

great trail. a little slippery due to the rain we've had but the river was flowing hard and beautiful! lots of people but just keep the distance its beautiful!

Great trail for a moderate hike. I would say family friendly in that no section is too difficult. There is descending into and ascending our of the gorge, but gradual. I recommend starting away from the falls so the view of the falls is the payoff at the end of a very nice hike. Conditions as I write this are good. For springtime not muddy at all.

Great trail. Well kept. Very little mud and not too packed today! Highly recommend!

The waterfall is pretty and it is nice to have the boardwalk for those who are not able to hike trails or do steps. The loop trail allows for some spreading out, but nowhere here has the quiet that you'd hope for when hiking, especially in a national park just because of the roads nearby. I'm glad I marked another national park off my list but I don't think I would find it worth the drive back ever again. Still, a nice spot for the locals I'm sure and the park does have history.

Super well maintained absolutely beautiful!

I thought this was wonderful but I'm bias. I love everything about the CVNP

icy

Beautiful! Not too crowded, but not desolate. Was pretty muddy, but I also visited a couple days after a big storm.