Brandywine Gorge Trail

Brandywine Gorge Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Northfield, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

very fun and beautiful trail. the falls are beautiful to see at any time of year. trail has multiple access points to enter to play in/Wade in the river. most times we have visited we were able to watch great blue harons fishing.

Great trail for all levels of experience. The trail markings are a little confusing. We figured out that the Stanford trail splits off into the Brandywine trail and were fine from there. Has a decent incline for a quick trail. The falls really were gorgeous. You take a nice boardwalk/stairs down to two different observation decks. There are signs not to climb down to the water but several people were down there so we climbed down too. It was slippery and I fell down once but my goodness you can’t beat the view.
Everything was very well maintained. The bathrooms were clean and eco-friendly. There were trail maps and state park brochures for taking. We were very impressed.

Take the Stanford/ Brandywine trail. A fun walk down through the woods down the gorge to the river bed then back up around to the falls.

Great trail and enjoyed even on a hot day ! Lots of shade on this trail.

Beautiful

Great place to hike and the falls were spectacular.

I hiked this trail because of its proximity to the ledges trail (which I highly recommend) and didnt do as much research as I normally would. Although the trail was beautiful and well maintained, I couldn't get over the crowds of people at the falls. Pushing my way through sweaty groups to get a photo of the falls left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess I was hoping the falls would be more of a reward for those willing to hike the 2 miles through the woods instead of a tourist attraction with a parking lot a few yards away.

Great peaceful hike through a wooded area leading to one of the area waterfalls. Great nature trail

Very cool waterfall; like a mini Niagara Falls. Has a pleasant trail through the forest next to the river. Great for beginners!

Great hike, some ups and downs through woods. Several great views of waterfall. Definitely moderate.

Went in the end of April and it was freezing but the waterfall was amazing!

Good times, clean trails. Other than nature's presence no safety hazards. We'll be back!

Overall an easy and scenic hike - not too much challenge here, but beautiful scenery. It can get crowded, so visit on a weekday if possible!

This trail is beautiful and so peaceful. The river sounds and looks beautiful. There’s lots of people on this trail. The views are gorgeous. I would watch where you’re walking though because there are lots of rocks sticking out of the ground. I will definitely return.

great for hiking, biking, and walking the dog. Beautiful

Brandywine Gorge Trail to Brandywine Falls. Only wish there was a viewing area for Falls from the floor of the gorge, walls may be too steep unless you follow the creek up for a quarter mile or so.

Trail is beautiful and easy, stair cases and a beautiful view of the waterfall make this a treat to see. Easy for kids, so good as a family outing. Would see this again.

Very scenic! Was pretty greasy because of all the moisture so was fairly difficult throughout most of the hike! Will definitely revisit when it dries out!

This is a beautiful place.

Beautiful trail and great side trails for dog walking!

Beautiful!! Can get icy depending on the weather but a lot of fun!

This trail was easy, has some stairs and elevation changes. We took the dog and he enjoyed it. The surroundings were all pretty and the waterfall was beautiful with all the ice in the winter.

Easy shaded trail on the boardwalk. Kids loved looking at the rocks. The falls were beautiful.

Easy trail to get out and experience nature. There were lots of folks with their kids on the trail. Lots of people also with dogs. To reach the Brandywine Falls is accessible by wooden walkway which is an easy way to get a great photo of the falls!
I enjoyed it for a 1.5! mile brisk walk with my dogs on a late November day! November 25, 2017

I really enjoyed this trail .It’s short and sweet easy to navigate and was a great autumn hike. The waterfall is awesome and such great views ! If you’re a bigger guy like me this trail does offer some challenges. The terrain is manageable but rocky and luckily it was dry otherwise mud would have been a factor. There are some pretty decent inclines. They are gradual but I did have to take my time. The loop trail does have benches and stones big enough to take a breather.

Made for a very pleasant day..plenty of places you'll want to stop and enjoy along the way.

I believe I went off trail to get up close to the falls but it was a BEAUTIFUL site.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Great pit stop on the way home back from Harpers Ferry