Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Learn more

Boettler South Gate Park Area Trails

easy(57)
Boettler Rec. Park

Boettler South Gate Park Area Trails is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Green, Ohio that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 114 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

NOTE: Dogs are permitted in Southgate Park but NOT Boettler Park and must remain on leash. Contact the local office of the Ohio Division of Natural Resources at 330-644-2220.

Was fun. little confusing at times. Other than that ,was relaxing.

It's a nice easy hike, not completely flat, but little elevation change. The trail varies from woodland to gravel road to assault path, with singe nice changes in scenery and environment. Several crossing trails make it a little difficult to stay on your selected trail but you really can't get lost. One spot, early in hike, you come out in the Twisted Olive parking lot and it's not clear where trail picks up, go left like leaving Twisted Olive and it's just across the bridge on right. It was dry when I hiked it but looks like some areas good get sloppy in wet conditions.

I run this trail in its entirety about once a week because I’m local. If I run the back woods and the paved trail around the park it’s around 5 miles. It’s consistently clean, safe and well marked. Sometimes it’s muddy in the back during the rainy seasons but overall it’s wonderful.

No longer a trail since the Twisted Olive Opened. VERY OVERGROWN.

Nice, interesting trail through a variety of terrains.

Mon Sep 24 2018

Great trails, pretty pond, amazing playgrounds, and very kid friendly. Took my 2.5 year old and she walked about a mile and we took a playground break then finished the walk. Easy trail and pretty scenery. I recommend and will return.

Sun Jul 30 2017

This is my favorite park in the City of Green. Tennis and volleyball courts, Playground with a zip line. Approved PDGA Disc golf course. Open paved walk around pond and wooded loop around trails

Fri Oct 14 2016

I thought the park was a little confusing. So many little trails here and there. I doubt I would go back. We ended up on Southgate trail. The Boettler park trail had a sign saying no dogs allowed. And we had our two dogs with us.

Thu Sep 29 2016

I was geocaching and saw many young runners. It is mostly flat and well maintained. Easy walking with some nice views. Disc golf available.

Sun May 31 2015

Hey w2 w I 1 r3

Fri Mar 20 2015

I was here mainly for Geocaching, and disc golf, but walked a lot of the trails. Rather flat with some nice views of open meadows and some woodlands, a couple neat ponds with lots of fish. good for a nice stroll for an hour or so.