Boch Hollow Nature Preserve

Boch Hollow Nature Preserve is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bremen, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 7.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,213 feet Route Type: Loop

Permit required

Wonderful trail. We met one person on it the entire way. It has some beautiful scenery and lots of wildlife. There was a spot with tons of chipmunks... it was adorable. It had some steeper climbs but nothing that two people who are terrible at exercising on a regular basis couldn't handle. We saw some reviews that mentioned a gazebo, we never found it. There was a dock by the pond though that was a great place to stop and have lunch. It was so peaceful. I highly recommend this trail.

This trail was easy to moderate at best. Definately not difficult. The ridge trail had no ridge. It was pretty much a walk through the woods. Some minor elevation but nothing major. Saw a few deer and chipmunks. Nice trail but nothing special.

I walk here pretty regularly. Lots of different types of terrain and fairly easy hills. The DNAP offers some great guided hikes here for tree identification. Almost always see deer and other wildlife here. A lot of miles here are on the Buckeye Trail

Very nice hike, I wouldn't give it a "hard" rating, there were a few ups and downs but nothing hard. The trails were very well marked

Switchback trails climbing through forested area. You will feel this trail for a couple of days but it is well worth it!

This trail kicked our butts and was truly and enjoyable challenge. So many tough inclines. My husband and I came out on a summer Saturday morning and hiked the whole trail just not to the other trail heads and it came to 6. 5 miles. We did not see a single person the entire time, but tons of wildlife. Absolutely beautiful, would recommend

Bugs were bad. Deep Woods off had no effect on gnats. Lot's of spiders, walked through a few webs. A few caves but nothing too different from other Hocking trails. Saw a few deer. The meadow trail has wild blackberries. Good balance of incline and decline on this trip. Loved the variation of forest to meadow and the gazebo at the pond near trail marker B was a great stop and rest point for some lunch (watch out for the bird poo). Beautiful flowers at the pond with various butterflies. We hiked L to B and back along the Buckeye Trail. Great workout, over 2300 calories burned and 10000+ steps .

Very nice hike, but definitely moderate rather than hard. A few patches of insects and mud, but nothing out of the ordinary. Trails (and "not a trail") are marked extremely well. FWIW, I did pretty much every part (including out to each parking area) and my watch said 13 miles.

recorded Recording - Jul 28, 09:57 AM

Great morning to be out before the heat. Trail is exceptionally well marked and maintained. I did 9.9 miles total, hitting pretty much every trail expect one short section. Saw quite a few deer and heard a turkey gobble down in a hollow, which was fun. This is the quintessential Ohio woods walk.

Great trail. Well maintained and slopes of the incline is really manageable. I’m an avid hiker and active in general so I would rate this as moderate. Highly recommended for trail running.

Lovely trail. Definitely difficult, lots of varying elevation. This app helped a lot with staying on track as there are a lot of access roads and non-trails you could confuse for being the route you're trying to take.

Nice hike... The Robinson Falls is a nice place to visit.. It is not on the hiking path.. I would suggest going there first. It is just a short hike (1/10 mile) from the parking spot.( JHM9+23 Hideaway Hills, Marion Township, OH) The water flow was a little low.. It would be more intriguing if we had some fresh rain fall. Also.. it was cool.. to visit the falls.. at one time it looks like there was a mill of some kind at the falls as the rock was cut out for wooden supports. The hike was nice.. trails were nice. I enjoyed getting back on the Buckeye Trail was well.. This is a nice area.

The bugs were a bit feisty but the trail is well maintained and offers more elevation gain than most other trails in the area.

lovely trail with beautiful sections. despite recent rain, it was relatively dry. some more challenging grades, but a great hike.

I started at the East trailhead, which does not have a restroom. The elevation varies greatly throughout the trail. The Pond Trail portion is rather difficult, earning the hard rating in my opinion, but keep in mind that I am a novice hiker. The whole trail is marked very well with the exception of around the gazebo on the Pond Trail. It's a bit muddy, bug repellent would help, and you may want to wear pants because the weeds get gnarly.

As others have said, this trail is well maintained. Very little mud. It is a challenging hike, but don’t think i would describe as hard. We were the only people on the trail. Absolutely beautiful, terrific hike!

Well maintained trail with very clear directions. This trail is well laid out. We completed it in about 3.5 hours with stopping to explore and take pictures. One of the best trails we have been on in Southern Ohio and not well known. Well worth the trip!

Incredible trail for running & hiking. Lots of change in elevation, as well as, change in scenery. I really enjoyed it. I did a combination of running, walking, and I stopped a few times to take pics & journal. I spent about 3 hours on the trail.

The trail was very well marked, which was a life saver in half a foot of snow!

Nice hike. Easy . Nice lake and some rock formations. Saw a few hikers.

Close to 9 miles if you take all the loops. IMO one of the best day hikes in Ohio. Lots of ups and downs, big rocks and modest waterfalls, and great variety. There are a couple spectacular Sycamores by the old screen house that you don't see often.

An enjoyable hike within easy reach of Columbus. Doesn't deserve the hard rating; moderate would be more accurate. Nothing that was mind blowing, but we seemed to be the only ones out there, and were able to hike for hours. A restroom at one of the parking areas or at the ranger station would've been quite nice. We also got the permit for the falls. I suppose it's worth seeing once, but we had over-hyped it in our minds, and were quite let down. If you could swim it would be a blast, but as it stands, it's about a ten foot tall waterfall that you can look at from a hundred feet away. We'll be back to do the hike again, but we'll be skipping the falls next time.

Nice hike. Trails are well marked and easy to follow. Lots of elevation changes kept it interesting. Not a ton to see but still a nice quiet hike. We opted to get the permit for Robinson falls. It's helpful to know parking is directly before Zwickle Rd., it's like a single car spot. Beautiful spot within a couple mins of entering the preserve.

Nice variety of trails. Beautiful.

Mon Nov 05 2018

Great hike for Ohio! Pretty, quiet and good elevation changes. Highly recommend it!

Sun Nov 04 2018

Great hike and good workout! 3 hours with a nice variety of trails and scenery!

Sat Oct 27 2018

Ran these trails today. Was raining but not so bad under the trees. Great single track trails. Well marked. Good rolling trails. Saw plenty of deer. Will go back for more runs.

Sun Oct 21 2018

My son and I hiked the 8ish mile route. The trails were very well maintained and well marked- lots of “ not a trail” signs! The scenery is beautiful- lots of changes in ecosystems as we travelled up and down the hills. We did get a permit to visit the falls. It’s a very short distance from the road- not really a hike- but it was worth it. We’d love to see this entire area after a rainfall! This hike is listed as “ hard” but I’d put it in the moderate category. We will return in the spring for the wild flowers.

Wed Sep 19 2018

I went as soon as the park opened and it was such a beautiful and peaceful place. I only did a few of the loops and it took me around an hour and a half. It was very hilly at some points so I got a good workout in, that’s for sure! The trail was well kept, there was even a ranger there mowing a field, and besides from him, I’m pretty sure I was the only one there. You DO need a permit to see the waterfalls, which you can get online and I think it only takes a few days to get back. I stuck to viewing the ponds and it was nice enough for me. I also saw a box turtle, hawk, and a deer, which were all good company. I can’t wait to explore more!