Blues Creek Preserve Loop Trail

Blues Creek Preserve Loop Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ostrander, Ohio that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A sparkling creek, forested areas, wetlands, and meadows filled with grasses and prairie plants characterize this park, named for the creek that meanders along the park's northern edge. Foxes, pheasants and muskrats are just a few of the wildlife species visitors might see during walks. Meadows are being converted to prairie, and wetlands are being restored in various sections of the park.

Nice, easy hike with my dog. Very peaceful with no other people on the trail. Will definitely return.

Nice walk with my son and his dog...it was a little wet due to all the rain but still a nice walk. We will be back when it dries out!

Sunday, June 26, 2016

We loved this trail as an easy way to burn some of our dog's energy.
We obtained a map at the information board by the main parking lot, but we chose to drive back out to the small lot near the entrance.
We hiked the Shagbark Trail, which is gravel, except for the access trail at the beginning, which was grass. That's really wet right now, due to the not often flood/torrential rain this week.
The section we did was about 1.8 miles and was not busy. We saw one walker and his dog.
We intend on revisiting this trail.
Check yourself and your dog for ticks, we found four.

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

This is a very easy trail. In the whole 2.5 mile walk my altitude only varied by 36 feet so it is very flat. It is mostly gravel path but at each end there is a short loop that is mowed grass. There is also another path that is virtually all mowed grass trail that goes through a meadow. A lot if variation in the habitat and I have seen deer and turtle as well as many variety of birds. I gave it a 4 only because I like a few more hills. If you are looking for a nice easy walk, this is you place.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

A great trail it goes past a lake , through woods and by a marsh.