Big Creek Reservation Lake to Lake Trail

Big Creek Reservation Lake to Lake Trail is a 5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cleveland, Ohio that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.0 miles Elevation Gain: 187 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Little gem in the city. Wore out the yellow lab and the 7yo. 7yo said hiking shouldn’t have streets but otherwise no complaints. Lots of views and had a great day.

Enjoyed this trail and the many bridges // sections of forest + marshes. Beware it does have some urban sections where you have to cross roads. Also, it should be called lake to marsh trail, as it doesn’t actually access the other lake, but the marshes connected. But, overall - beautiful and nice hike.

Nice trail. Scenic. Good for strollers, bikes and children

This was a very well maintained and easy hike. Many boardwalks and spectacular viewing areas. My only complaint is one part where you walk along the main road. I like walks/hikes in the park to be more secluded. Overall a beautiful trail.

Sat Oct 13 2018

Awesome trail

Mon Aug 06 2018

Nice paved trail not too much traffic on the trail but you do pop out to cross a busy street. Lot’s of boardwalks and a few bridges. Good information signs throughout. I thought the trail was clearly marked and easy to follow. Abram’s Lake was a heavily grassed and reeded over depression rather than a lake. Pretty nonetheless.

Sat Apr 21 2018

Very poorly marked trail. we followed the green stripes designating the trail as detailed on the map at Southwest Hospital and ended up at Bagley and Big creek Blvd, two miles east of our starting point. making our "short" 1.5 mile walk with our two year old grandson a grueling trek for all of us. We never saw the lake,which was our whole reason for going. Someone needs to put some signs up and create a map that makes sense. Very poorly thought out. We are veteran hikers with over 50 years experience on trails all over the country and have never had problems like this before.

Thu Feb 01 2018

Cute trail in the winter, definitely will have to come back in the warm weather. Loved the boardwalks.

Tue Jul 25 2017

I gave this a three star because I am sure some people would like this trail, but not me. The trail is nice, but all paved. I prefer to be in the woods on dirt. I prefer hiking shoes to be recommended. This is a running and biking trail. Lots of traffic from joggers and people riding bikes. Again, maybe this will appeal to some people, but not me. I made it a mile in before I lost interest. I turned around and never finished.

Tue May 02 2017

nice second half of a walk from the first from Isaac Lake

Tue Mar 14 2017

I like this one cuz of the boardwalks. Also, they are on some marshy areas which makes it good for birdwatching.

Tue Sep 18 2018