Beechwood, Quarry, and Red Oak Trail

Beechwood, Quarry, and Red Oak Trail is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cincinnati, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Off of Colerain, turn in to Mt. Airy Forest Park. Take an immediate left. Keep going down the road past the playground until you reach a round about( obviously go right ). Pull your car over on the side of the road where the restrooms are and right next to them you will see a pole that reads Beechwood Trail. That marks the trail. Enjoy!

Very rocky and is more like 4.5 miles long. Trail markers are confusing.

Pretty good loop, especially considering its location. Lots of intersecting trails though and it can be tricky to know if you're actually following the route. Load the route into your recorder and follow that, double check yourself at the intersections. Also, the route that is currently posted (as of 8/12/17) actually does the loop twice. It's really closer to 4 miles with an elevation gain of about 500 feet.

Great urban trail, feels larger than it is. Trails can be very confusing but makes for a nice adventure.

The trail that’s recorded here is only 4 miles not 7.

Great hike

Great trail to run. Very difficult to run, lots of rocks and roots. Got lost a few times. This app was very useful to fin my way. Watch out for the stone steps.

A good bit of the trail was cut off due to hunting, but the trail portion I was allowed to hike was beautiful if not a little muddy from recent rains.

I managed to hike about 3 miles there today. A lot of the trails were closed due to hunting today. I’ll definitely visit again.

Mt. Airy is a great park to visit, but the trails could really use some work.The trail markers are baffling, and there doesn't seem to be a good map available. Some areas of the forest have beautiful old beech trees, but other parts are so choked with honeysuckle that you can't see more than 15 feet off the trail, and Japanese stilt grass has overgrown a lot of the trail. The stone steps are amazing, but the honeysuckle really needs to be cut away or they will soon be impassable.

Nice trails for an urban park

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Nice trail so near downtown! Not marked real well so recommend you look at the parks website to know which trails to take in order to get the full loop

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Beautiful nature area in Mt. Airy, slick when wet though, fairly dangerous.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Nice trail for an urban area

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Nice Trail, Great Stone stairs up the hill!!

Sunday, March 05, 2017

hiked 6 miles starting from the treehouse. a lot of sections were muddy due the rains a few days back. section L is steep...others are easy to moderate.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Great hiking trails

Monday, October 31, 2016

The hike was beautiful but went the wrong way several times—glad I had this app (until my phone died)

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I hike this as much as possible! favorite trail hands down!

Friday, October 07, 2016

Just finished a 2 mile hike (roughly), starting at "G" and connecting to "H". Not heavily travelled and plenty of time to be alone in the woods. Was able to take my time and let my dog roam a bit in the dry creek beds. Very quiet as you go further in the woods, which was a pleasant surprise (Colerain Ave isn't that far away). Nice elevation changes and definitely had a good sweat when I was done. This was my first time there and I will definitely be back.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Can get lost easily but very scenic given the suburban location. Stairs a great cardio workout.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Although it was nice and shaded for the summer months, the trails were poorly marked. We got lost a few times and even got to a point where this map told us to go one way but that way didn't exist.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Fun and I would like it in summer when all the leaves come out.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Decent inner city trail. Tons of different routes to take to extend your hike. Some parts were pretty muddy although it hadnt rained that much lately and some parts were rather narrow, but all in all not bad for being in cincy and close.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Very nice scenery but very trafficked most of the way.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

It was very fun and semi-difficult trail!

Thursday, March 31, 2016

It's great park

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

The trail was fun today 2-1-16

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Lovely hike but very muddy as it had rained recently. I cannot wait to explore this park in the springtime. Trails ranged from easy to some pretty difficult hills. Also had an awesome tree house which is worth checking out. Beautiful park overall.

Monday, August 31, 2015

We went on a Saturday. We took my teenage son and his GF. We started at the tree house, which was easy to find. The dirt trails were easy to navigate, albeit very narrow in certain areas. The creek beds were completely dried up (it would have been lovely with water flowing). We started easily enough. The trails are marked, but somehow we ended up on multiple trails - started on E, ended up on H, which literally took us through the frisbee golf course. Not sure what that's about. We ended up on K and J somehow. We took a turn that led us on, what I'm assuming was a horse trail (there was a LOT of horse poop on the trail). It was adjacent to a main road, which you could see from the forest. That trail ended toward the road so we turned back around and my son found a shortcut to get back on a main trail. All in all it was a nice hike; the forest is very nice, it wasn't crowded at all, we saw some beautiful wild flowers. It would have been helpful to get a map (but we didn't).

Friday, May 15, 2015

I hiked this back in 2014. The tree house was pretty cool but showed heavy damage from people and security cameras now watching the site. the trail itself was poorly marked and came out at several different places. but overall its a beautiful area with some wildlife.