Bedford Reservation Trail

Bedford Reservation Trail is a 12.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bedford, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 12.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,154 feet Route Type: Loop

NOTE: During certain times of the year, the river crossing may be too high to cross safely.

I ended up hiking 21 miles on this trail due to not being able to cross the river numerous of times. The water falls are breathtaking. Part of the trail is closed and a detour is posted. I’d do this trail again, but only as an in and out to the falls.

Thought I might die. The water at one point was so high I had to go a mile out of my way to get back on the trail. When I was 1 mile back to my ending point I had no other option but to walk through the river which was up to my chest just to get the last mile completed.

There are a lot of down trees along the way. Needs a bit of attention.

If you plan to cross the river, it is a good idea to check the USGS flow charts for Tinker's Creek in Bedford. At about 70 cubic feet per second (cfs) I was able to cross a little downstream of the trail. Water was just below the knees (maybe 18 inches) And if it is raining, be extra careful because this creek is prone to flash floods!

Sun Aug 26 2018

***12.1 Mile Loop closed near mile 7 (when starting near Fitzwater), forces return trek and 14+ mile round trip*** Beautiful trail. Gorgeous scenery at every turn. Poorly marked. Spent nearly a mile total in efforts to figure out where to go.

Fri Jul 28 2017

Grew up on this reservation. This is not part of CVNP despite what a lot of information shows. Bedford Reservation is part of the Cleveland Metroparks system which is independent and completely apart from CVNP. This trail just connects parts of CVNP outside the Bedford Reservation but all the main trails are in Bedford. Beautiful place to spend the day.

Sun Apr 02 2017

This trail was a lot of fun and had some really great challenges. This was the first time on the trail and could have used a couple more markers. Other than that it was great!

Sun Sep 25 2016

Took the bridal trail - however there was a spot where the trail forked, if you go to the right you end up running along the stream, eventually the trail ran to the stream with no option to cross so I had to turn around and go to the left side of the fork which led up a very steep incline. Once up the incline the trail was really nice. A lot of dead trees to jump over though. Also the was an area closed that had rerouting directions. Went about 3.5 miles before turning around at another steep incline and heading back for a total of 7 miles.

Mon Jul 11 2016

In one area I said 4/5, but really I would prefer this 3/5. The 4/5 is because Mother Nature herself was beautiful and the hiking was nice. It was a great workout, but both Bedford Reservation Trail and AllTrails maps were incorrect. The loop consisted of taking the Buckeye Trail and then looping around on the bridal trail. It showed descending and crossing the stream....however, there is nowhere to cross. When looking down on the current map on Bedford Reservation's website, I noticed it was from 2010. We attempted to follow the stream a short ways in hopes of finding a nice, rocky area to attempt crossing the stream. We even took off our socks and shoes and made it about halfway across before the rocks underneath became too slippery and not safe. Where the bridal marker showed crossing the stream, there were steps going up a rock wall...but again, no way to get across. After trekking it back up the steep incline all the way back to the Buckeye hiking trail, we had to walk back the full 7 miles, making it 14.1 miles for us, not the 12.1 listed. When attempting to take a photo on the trail, I got kicked out of the app and when I got back in and clicked to continue recording, not only does it not track miles correctly, but I lost the red-lined trail map. This happens almost every trail I'm on and recording. So my advice....when you get up to the park that is also part of the workout trail at the end, make the small loop and just come back in on the same Buckeye Trail you went out on!

Wed Sep 02 2015

Beautiful trails and mountain biking trails near a river with a waterfall.

Tue Dec 25 2018