Badlands Trail

Badlands Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Harrison, Ohio that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Nice trail for the kiddo's

Hiked this trail with my husband, 3 year old, and 16 month old. It was perfect for us. The beginning (inner loop) was easy so baby could toddle and wear him self out. My husband carried baby in a pack through the harder back half. We got our exercise in the back half with hillier terrain. 3 year old made it through the whole hike with just a few minutes of piggy back riding. Bridges, hills, fallen trees, slugs, mushrooms, and toads gave the trail lots of interest. Shaded the whole way through. Bathrooms with running water right at trail head. Great family hike.

I've hiked this trail numerous times. If the trail, Miami Shaker Trace, is considered moderate, then this trail must also be considered moderate. Of the four trails shown in Miami Whitewater Forest park, the Miami Shaker Trace trail is the easiest. Don't forget the Miami Shaker Trace is paved.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Monday, September 05, 2016

Friday, September 02, 2016

Great family hike. Kids managed well but we're happy to see the steps leading to the road.
**This is listed as "easy" but I would say it is more moderate.