Ault Park Loop

Ault Park Loop is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cincinnati, Ohio that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great trails but needs better markers. the train trussel is fenced off.

I think we got off trail because it was not well marked, but it was still nice. Trails are dirt trails so if has rained recently trails are pretty muddy. Dog friendly.

Bunch of small short trails, pretty easy to just keep walking through one to another. Good wild flowers, and a pretty creek.

Just did the out and back along the valley trail after having completed the perimeter loop. Wide, gravel tail suitable for most anyone.

Very pretty. Saw only 1 marker, got lost for an hour, kept coming to dead ends. The wooden steps are very hazardous, with all the dirt washed away, they are only obstacles, with huge nails sticking out and up. Very muddy in some places. Not good for handicapped dogs. The Park is beautiful, though, and I will be back to try a different trail sometime.

Enjoyed Nice winter Hike
Cures Cabin Fever....

Sunday, August 06, 2017

A lot of unmarked trails. Needs a map of the marked trails so we know where we are going. Enjoyed the hike.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

getting to the tracks was a bit tricky and the map wasnt complete. it had alot of unmarked trails. other than that was an awesome hike. we'll definitely go again.

Friday, June 16, 2017

I enjoy the trails but wish other hikers would follow the leash laws.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Wonderful wooded escape from the city life feel. I would say that this is nowhere near difficult. I would rate this as easy to moderate (if that). I live a couple streets away so I frequent the area quite often. Ault park is a highlight in the city of Cincinnati. Highly recommend

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Fun

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Very beautiful place to hike, the old railroad track bridge is well worth seeing. lots of little bridges and cool stone and wooden steps. Many photo ops.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Such a beautiful park!! After your hike plenty of room to space out, lay in the grass, kick the soccer ball around and walk through please ty of gardens.
A huge space to adventure here, and the views from the train tracks are so cool

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Several trails with many ambiguous markers, overgrown trails, and still pretty fun. Trails are pretty trafficked (I came on a weekend) but are quite beautiful.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Beautiful trails, breathtaking views, some were pretty advanced for beginners but still doable

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Decent hike. Unfortunately there really is not any good hiking in Cincinnati. The map shows a shorter route. I took the long route, which is probably around 3 miles. Training for Mt. Elbert in Colorado so this is closest I can get to incline hiking in Cincy. I would come back though!

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Incredible. I was about 10 feet from a doe with two fawns and the old railroad is an awesome sight. Great trail and great workout, I'd recommend this trail to anyone looking for a great time!

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

This was my boyfriend and I's first time hiking and Ault Park did not disappoint. There are all kinds of trails for your difficulty level. We connected the trails so overall I think we hiked about 3.5/4 miles. We will definitely be back.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

An excellent trail inside the 275 loop in Cincy. You can interconnect the trails to make your hike much longer than 1.4 miles. Our hike was 2.5 miles and could've been extended to 4 miles easily. ..very hilly, a great workout.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Such a great short hike. Fun with the kids and not hard for us!

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Great trails ,beautiful scenery. Trails can be really slick and difficult even a few days after rain so use caution. Great place for pics and the abandoned railroad is very cool.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

One of my favorite places in town.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Beautiful wooded walk with well groomed trails. My only complaint is that it's hard to keep track of the trails. You can do lots of wandering but it's difficult to stay on a specific trail.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Ault Park is a beautiful urban park. I would recommend going in the warmer months. There is a young cherry blossom forest there that will look beautiful in spring, along with privately kept gardens that add a lot of character to the park. It's also pet friendly.

As far as the trails go, we hiked the short Shattuc trail. My only complaint was that you could see a lot of civilization while actually on the trail. That being said, it is an urban park and things like that are to be expected. Ultimately, we enjoyed the short hike and plan to return and do the main Forest Loop trail when it reopens after hunting season.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

This trail was absolutely fantastic! Lots of hills and wonderful views of Ault Park. The only (minor) issue I had was that you could see the highway and the Red Bank exit through the trees. While that's not an issue the park itself could fix, it's just a minor annoyance. Highly recommend this one!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ault Park is a great place for anyone who lives in or around the city of Cincinnati. The trail itself is hard to follow at times due to the amount of forks in the trail. The plus side of this, however, is that there are several different trails to follow with varying lengths. The trail has decent elevation changes and great scenery. The trail is well maintained and the forest is a mature forest with large trees and not much undergrowth.
One final note, the trail is shut down at times during the fall and the winter due to controlled deer hunts within the park itself. Make sure to read all signs before entering the trail.