Adena Loop Trail

Adena Loop Trail is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Bethel, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

East Fork State Park is a year round accessible park located in Clermont County OH. It includes a multi trail system including a 32 mile perimeter trail, along with 12 shorter trails of varying length that are good for all skill levels.

This is actually a mountain bike/hiking trail--a good long hike, with lots of twists, turns, dips and rises. It's actually a lot easier to walk on than the putative horse/hiking trail, which is all torn up and almost totally reduced to mud after it's rained; not so the bike trail, which keeps tolerably firm through most weather conditions.

Very good trail for casual hiking in the woods. Beautiful area with great opportunity to see wildlife. The route marked on AllTrail here is NOT Hopewell, rather its called Adena, which is more intermediate. Hopewell is marked white. Adena is marked blue.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Good easy trail. Shared with bicyclists and a small portion is also a horse trail. But well worth it.

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Good mountain bike trails. although was a little difficult maintaining bearings. First time trail riding may have been a factor

Sunday, July 13, 2014

This is probably my second favorite area to hike near Cincinnati after Caesar Creek! I'd have to look up all the trail names on their website, but there's a slew of them to get lost on heading east away from the Hopewell that eventually take you to the road that connects to the "beach". The backpacktrail continues over a road and several bridle trails while never retreating far from the lake, then curves south to a loop running near a few campsites. South side of the lake is definitely better than the north (no horses) and part of it includes the famous Ohio Buckeye trail (blue blaze) that circles the entire state. I'd recommend staying away from the Steve Newman perimeter trail as it's always muddy, overgrown and and nowhere near the lake when I've tried portions of it (green blazes). The PDF park map seems to suggest those two trails are the same but I know that isn't accurate.
Anyone know where the trail crosses Sugartree creek on the southeast corner of the park? It actually ends at the lake's edge haha...

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Monday, June 23, 2014

I just got back into biking and I biked the Hopewell Trail to have an easier start to acclimate to my new equipment. I punctured a tube my first lap. I had a spare tube...no device to put air in it. I returned the next day, with levers, spare tube, AND air pump in case my unfortunate event should catch me again. Prior to my bike issue, and the entire second day, I had a blast. Rode it again today and cut 8min off my time.

Thursday, October 03, 2013