Adell Durbin Park and Arboretum

Adell Durbin Park and Arboretum is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Munroe Falls, Ohio that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Adell Durbin Park is located on State Route 91 just south of State Route 59.

Abandoned and full of snakes and ticks

My friends and I call this Adell Turd-bin because of the alarming amount of trash and stench from the waterfall, however it is still a good local spot and impressive when in flooding stages, hence the carved out bridge... NOT DOG FRIENDLY WITH GLASS AND TOXIC WATER SLUDGE!

Easy little trail!

Has potential, but needs attention. Trail markings somewhat confusing and scarce. Much of the "trail" is in open areas within sight of homes and street.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Trails poorly marked and in ill repair. On the main trail the bridge has been out 2 years plus. Go elsewhere

Friday, January 16, 2015

Thursday, July 04, 2013

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pretty nice area for being in the middle of Stow. Quite a lot of traffic on the trails as it was a nice day, and there were lots of families. This is a great place to walk around and not worry about getting lost or how far away the end is. That being said, it's not the best place to go if you want to feel like you're actually in the woods - the sounds of traffic and other people carry, and it's surrounded on all sides by residential areas. Walnut Creek provides nice scenery and opportunity to explore a creek bed, as it's very level down there. The rest of the trail's terrain varies from flat packed dirt, to hills with exposed roots. Will come back later in the spring when the prairie area is more alive to see what sorts of birds we can spot.

Monday, August 29, 2011

I can't rate this one because I wasn't able to enjoy the park. When I arrived, I visited the park sign to check out any possible maps or notices and read "No Pets". Since I always have my dog with me we left and went further south to the Metro Bike/Hike in Monroe Falls. Pity.
Also, the directions weren't quite right. They took me to a side street that didn't connect with the park.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Great start to the season hike! The trail had a few "mushy" parts but all in all not too bad.