Wildcat Falls is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Canton, North Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 124 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This is a fairly easy hike - not quite 3/4 of a mile one way - and is kid friendly. The waterfall is on a tributary of the west fork of the Pigeon River and is 50-60' high.

Beautiful, easy hike to the bridge with the falls. We hiked on up a ways to see some nice views as well. Not overgrown and not overly muddy. Nice hike for all ages.

My five year-old and I had a picnic then leisurely hiked this trail. The drive to access the trail was beautiful! There were about 7 cars parked at the trailhead/primitive campsite. We parked across the road at a pull off. We saw a few other hikers in passing (maybe four groups total). The trail was much more sunny with less shade than expected, which felt great because it was a bit windy and cool to start. It quickly warmed up and we were glad to have water as our destination. Wildcat Falls was beautiful and we enjoyed rock hopping and cooling our feet in the stream below the falls. The path down to the water is steep! On our way back we stopped at the first waterfall we crossed (not sure the name), which would be a perfect spot for a toddler to play in the little pool. Overall a great hike, especially for the distance.

Nice scenic easy trail! I took my babies in backpacks and it was perfect, not steep at all . 2 waterfalls ! Lots of shade. The parking was weird....we actually parked across the street on the side of the road

pulloff is sketchy..not much parking but nice little trek with some beautiful scenery.

Thu Apr 18 2019

The pull off the road is rough. I would not pull off here in my normal sedan but only in a vehicle with a higher road clearance. Only parking for a few cars.

Sun Aug 26 2018

Nice little hike. Very easy but pretty-a good place to take out of town folks who want to hike (or so they say) there are no signs and parking is hit or miss but there is off the road parking all around. If coming from Waynesville it may be easier to take the BRP than HWY 215.

Sun Jun 24 2018

It was a beautiful hike to the falls. There wasn't very much water in the falls given the lack of rain these last few days, but the hike was still worth it. I recommend this hike to anyone with children. I took my 5 yo son and he had no problem. It is worth noting that there is a small waterfall just after the camping area. That is not wildcat falls. Parking can be an issue if there are people camping at the trail head but we managed well enough with what we had. Safe travels

Sun Jun 10 2018

Easy and enjoyable hike. Water features are great - it's hard to capture the scale of the larger falls in photos. Beautiful views of the Blueridge Parkway. Great for a quick hike or for hikers that don't want to deal with much elevation change.

Thu Dec 28 2017

Great easy hike with views of two waterfalls but you do have to cross a stream toward the beginning of the hike using the rocks in the stream (difficult when iced over in winter). The view of the falls covered in ice is beautiful.