Wild Turkey Trail

Wild Turkey Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Greensboro, North Carolina that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A great trail! As a beginner I would recommend to proceed with caution.
I hopped in a little fast. This being my second trail ride ever.

I love doing the mountain bike trail. so far I have done it 5 times. I love doing it with my fam and friends.

We hiked from Lake Brandt Marina to the greenway on the Wild Turkey trail then back to the marina on the Nathaniel Green trail. We saw a heard of more than 15 deer, but other than that, you just see a lot of trees. Enjoyable morning walk in the woods.

I wanted to complete the loop around Brandt Lake, which I did, using the mountain bike version of this trail. The mountain bike part of the trail is very busy ... although lovely and nice and long ... the walking part of the trail is much shorter (about half the length). Lovely forest. There are a few ups and downs, in the main this is an easy trail for an experienced hiker.

Great trail..walked/hiked it any times. Great in the fall and winter.

Monday, October 03, 2016

I started at the Old Battleground trailhead, hiked all the way to Lake Brandt Marina, then I used the Wild Turkey Trail to turned around and back to the Old Battleground trailhead for a loop of total 7.3 miles. The Wild Turkey trail was built for mountain biking but I had a good workout for hiking. People on it were very courteous. I was totally enjoyed it.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Friday, June 10, 2016

this is one of the funnest watershed trails but its best for mnt biking. we just hike it and run around the curves for fun!

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Awesome, fun trail. Rugged and fast. This trail has everything for all skill levels; climbs, hills, jumps, free ride... A lot of places for you to go fast but rugged enough to get a good workout. Best point of access is the Lake Jeanette Marina. I really enjoyed this ride.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Just saw it is for out and back :-). Ignore me, haha! Beautiful and fast trail.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This trail isn't 9 miles. More in the 5.5-6 range.