White Pines Nature Preserve Trail

White Pines Nature Preserve Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sanford, North Carolina that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

White Pines Nature Preserve is owned and managed by the Triangle Land Conservancy and contains 2.6 miles of trails. Several sections of the trail are quite steep as it descends the bluffs along the Rocky and Deep Rivers. The trail is open year-round from dawn to dusk.

Took my 3 dogs on a walk in late afternoon. Def watch the spiderwebs in your face... a stick works well or for me I had my tall husband to walk ahead of me ;) Nice easy walk: some roots and rocks and a few inclines but nothing too difficult. Very pretty area, covered in trees and partially along the river.

Ticks, ticks, ticks!!!

Nice walk in the woods and down to the water, has some huge (as well as small) white pines growing in the middle of the area. The Triangle Land Conservancy again has done a great job preserving our natural areas in the Triangle, as well as provide their signature laminated wood signage and well maintained trails. While not one of my favorites, still a good place to get away to nature.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Great trail walk with Rachel Wilson. Some water damage from the hurricane and a few trees down but nothing we couldn't get around

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I can't say enough how magical my White Pines is to me. Of all the area, this is my spot. Not many people, no amenities, no cell phone signal, and a plethora of natural sights make this truly- getting back to nature. One of the only places like this in the area. Each time you go will be different, in regards to leaves and foliage. It is simply beautiful. A breeze through most of it going down and even one great little overlook where the rivers meet. Many thanks to the Triangle Land Conservancy for giving us a special place that is so wild and beautiful.

Saturday, September 24, 2016