Weymouth Woods Sandhills Nature Preserve Loop Trail

Weymouth Woods Sandhills Nature Preserve Loop Trail is a 3.6 mile loop trail located near Southern Pines, North Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great park with a very helpful staff! We thoroughly enjoyed this park and the trails. There are enough trails to customize the trip and make it as long or as short as you would like. We hiked 4 miles and thoroughly enjoyed the park. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to check out the Sandhills region.

Great trail for a short hike with the dog

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Nice hike with my wife this afternoon. We did enough of the loops to get in 4 miles and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Sandhills are home for me and I always enjoy hiking in the long leaf and loblolly pine groves. We did not see any wildlife. The hardwoods were beginning to change color and were very pretty as were many of the small under-growth plants.

As we are now "senior citizens" we found the walk to be more "moderate" than "easy" but certainly easy enough for us.

Because of the recent rains from hurricane Matthew, some of the trails had a few ruts created by the runoff but all were passable and well maintained. The young lady at the welcome center was very helpful and provided us plenty of good information about the park.

Monday, October 03, 2016

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday, February 27, 2016

It was a fun easy to moderate hike. The trail has some hills and is super sandy, of course. It was really pretty though even though the recent rains had turned some of the smooth path into ruts which increased the difficulty. It was great for a nice short hike with my dog though. I did the 1.5 or so mile loop twice. There are pretty gardens in the property too and a nice gallery.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Monday, November 02, 2015

Nice walk. Not challenging, but great NC scenery. I managed around 4 miles or so and got a nice workout. A few runners on the trail; all ages - seniors to infants carried by parents.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Great family walking area. You can choose an easy 30 minute loop or go in the back horse trail for a real 4 miler. Lots to see and the parker rangers are very friendly.