Wesser Creek Trail

Wesser Creek Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bryson City, North Carolina. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

This blue-blazed former route of the AT makes a good loop hike using the AT to return to the starting point. Bring you right up to the Wesser Bald Look Out Tower.

The trail was beautiful and difficult. My wife and I were in no rush and it took us 4&1/2 hours to get to the end,then had to hike back which was a lot quicker, so leave early. We got rained out coming back which was supper refreshing. Bring plenty of water and pack a lunch when you get up top. Happy trails!!!

OMG! Beautiful! Soooo hard hiking all the way to the top but so many beautiful views of the water on the way up. Bring lots of water !

A great workout!!!!!

I went to hike this trail 2 days ago (March 21, 2017) and I hate to give it a bad review because the start of it is gorgeous. You are walking alongside a beautiful creek for a good half a mile. The problem is that the trail just cuts off when you've barely started on it due to a recent fire. We were following the blue blazes and everything was going perfectly until we hit some blockage that would not allow us to continue, especially since we could not find another blue blaze anywhere (the tree may have burned down). So normally I bet this trail is incredible, it's just at the moment we could not complete it because of the damage. Like someone previously posted, you have to drive down a long gravel road past a bunch of houses/properties. You'll think you are in the wrong place but if you keep driving you'll find it.

A few thoughts on this trail: when you're driving to the trail, you'll go through what seems like a neighborhood private drive but it will ultimately take you to a gravel lot. The grooves in the road are deep, so low riding cars may scrape at the bottom. The trail itself is rather challenging, with most of it being narrow, with not much space to wander off the trail without sliding down a hill. the observation deck at the top is incredible! it took my friend and I roughly 3.5 hours to complete out and back.

Took us 6 hours round trip but was well worth the 360 views at the top!

This is a great trail! Definitely not easy but great if you love a challenge and the feeling of being away from everything. We didn't see anyone else which was nice. There were a few fallen trees that we had to climb over and through. The path is very narrow so wear good shoes or boots!

beautiful views

Friday, April 04, 2014

Our hiking group immensely enjoyed this trail! The Firetower at the top off of the Appalachian trail has magnificent 360° views! Definitely one we will do again