Weetock Trail

Weetock Trail is a 18.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pala Alto, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

a bit grown up. not much traveled lately.

Not well marked. Can't figure out where to enter trail.

Doesn't appear to be good for dogs if the part that looked like it might be the trail was... Not open enough to safely walk dogs

Great hike. Simple, well marked, and well kept. Some small wildlife if you don't mind sharing the trail (saw a snake, turtle, and a couple lizards) Definitely pack some bug spray though, and maybe wear some pants because ticks are heavy.

I walk portions of this trail a couple times a week. It is beautiful, and the periodic streams that cross the trail are great for the dogs. I did encounter a very large black bear crossing the Forest Road on the ride into Haywood Landing about a week ago, luckily I was in my truck at the time. Black bears do not tend to be aggressive so I have continued to hike the trail but with bear spray :)

Nice trail. I have been on it several times and have lost the trail at the southern end each time - it just seems to vanish. The ticks are very heavy!

Friday, June 02, 2017

My husband and I went last month and the flies and ticks were horrendous. Bring your bug spray and check yourself after your hike. All in all we very much enjoyed this trail

Friday, April 21, 2017