Twin Trestle Trail

Twin Trestle Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Shelby, North Carolina that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Great trail! Even paths, well marked, lots of trees! How ever you can not access water for the dogs! My dog is a swimmer, she loves the water, so the only place for her to get in is at the kayak launch. The launch point is super steep, so be careful with dogs trying to get into the river.

Great trail to take the family for some time outside locally to burn a few calories. A nice relaxing walk next to the river.

My husband and I had to visit Shelby NC today and we needed an afternoon adventure. This was a great trail to take our time and just enjoy a quiet afternoon in the woods. Although muddy due to the time of year (snow melting), we anticipated much worse. We actually found the trail quite easy with lots of areas to stop and rest along the way. I get in a lot of hiking on a regular basis but my husband has difficulties on most "hiking" adventures. He brought a walking stick with him and with the benches along the trail he was able to stop and rest when needed. Although we live an hour away we would definitely return for another visit.

I enjoyed my Christmas Day walk. I would like to see the stretch south of Hwy74 in as good if shape as north of 74. We encountered many mud holes -- More gravel please! Very nice Bridges -- Love the suspension bridge!

Great trail for any age. Few small bridges including a suspension bridge that is a great photo opportunity. Several benches along the trail/river for resting. Great to run or just take an afternoon stroll. The two train trestles are awesome and take you back in time.

Beautiful easy walk for families and pets.
Took my 18 month grandson and he walked to the turn around point before getting back into his stroller. Nice peaceful walk beside a small river and under freeway bridges. Awesome suspension bridge to travers as well. Simple quiet trail which gets you away for an hour or two, don't miss this new Shelby trail.

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Nice easy family walk.

Friday, March 03, 2017

Nice family walking path. A restroom would be a great addition.

recorded l